Sign in to follow this  

Rode Ocotilla Wells Yesterday

Got up early me and my son headed out to Ocotillo wells for some riding. got there at 8:00 was already 84. We had some cloud cover and a breeze which made it feel like 75. We rode for several hours before it finally got to hot to ride, but the best part was that there was only 2 or 3 other people crazy enough to be out there on what really turned out to be a great day or half of riding. I just put a new set of ProTaper SE's on my bike with some new Progrips which really help with arm fatigue and pump, in fact never got any. really was a great day. Just thought I'd share.

Yeah man, this last weekend was a great riding weekend. If I hadnt been spending the weekend in San D with my gf I would have hit up Johnson valley or Ocotillo

yeah with the way the week is going I might head back out this weekend as as well. I spoke to the Ranger out there he said there was supposed to be some T-storms, I get worried in the washes. I've seen a flash flood up close and doon't want to go through that again. A lot of power and no control.

Riding out there in the summer isnt as crazy as some people make it out to be. You just got to get out there somewhat early. :thumbsup:

We headed out Main St. for about 8 or 9 miles, then took Tarantula wash for another 4 or 5, cut back southwest for a couple of miles until we hit Main St. again. The boy rides a quad so he played in the sand and hills a little then we headed back to base.

The boy rides a quad so he played in the sand and hills a little then we headed back to base.

Blowsand and Devil's slide? I watched my buddy tumble the nicest '88 fourtrax down Devil's slide...pretzel. I miss that area so much. Used to be a little over an hour away...now it's 1400 miles...:ride:

Blowsand and Devil's slide? I watched my buddy tumble the nicest '88 fourtrax down Devil's slide...pretzel. I miss that area so much. Used to be a little over an hour away...now it's 1400 miles...:ride:

Bro my heart goes out to you. I have a buddy up in Kitsap who left SD a year ago, he's hating life to. Not to rub it in but I'm thinking Sunday again. Was way to much fun to let it hang.

Bro my heart goes out to you. I have a buddy up in Kitsap who left SD a year ago, he's hating life to. Not to rub it in but I'm thinking Sunday again. Was way to much fun to let it hang.

Don't know if you know the way to Font's Pt, but it's a great adventure, and an awesome spectacle. Nobody ever told me there was a mini-grand canyon in the borrego desert...not on any map labeled as such a vast hole in the ground. I'll never forget the moment we stumbled upon that one in the middle of the night in my 4x4...20yrs ago there were no barriers :ride: Another 3 feet would have been it for Slackkinhard.

Went out again yesterday, BEAUTIFUL 3 other quads out there. We rode Shelly Reef Expressway, took Pumpkin patch about 1 or 2 miles till the boy decided it was toooooo bumpy he's on a quad:p :ride: Then headed down East Fork Wash to where they have it blocked off, then back up Shelly Reef. All in all it was about 2.5 hours great riding.

NVR2L8,

What time did you get out there yesterday and when did you quit? This coming Sunday looks to be a cool day at 105 with possible T-storms.

We left Temecula at 0600 got there at 0710ish, started riding by 0730. rode for 2 + hours.

Sorry if I got the name wrong that's what I thought it said Shell reef expressway maybe? I thought it was shelly reef though.

I'm going camping at the beach this weekend or else I would be back out there. (Hate it when family time cuts into riding time:lol: JK)

Weekend before last we went out when it was cloudy and we rode until 1030 or 11 with no problems.

The park being empty really makes it worth while.