Sign in to follow this  

help identifying rear spring

I have a '06 CRF250R which I bought used from the 2nd owner. As much as I hate assumptions, I assume that the suspension was done by Pro-Action judging by the stickers on the forks. The rear spring is red, not standard issue yellow. I have the stock yellow spring in a box of parts, as well as the original fork springs. My question is what does the red spring indicate? I am 5'10" 155 lbs, and am running my clickers at the softest settings. I mainly ride trails in soft terrain here in FL. When setting the sag at my buddies shop, we didn't have to make any adjustments as it was spot-on, which he said is very rare. Should I put the stock springs back in? I don't think I should have to run the shocks at the softest settings.

My question is what does the red spring indicate? .

Its just an aftermarket spring. Chances are the rate is scribed on one end and you would have to take it off to see.

If your sag numbers are good then its right for you.

doc

Its just an aftermarket spring. Chances are the rate is scribed on one end and you would have to take it off to see.

If your sag numbers are good then its right for you.

doc

thanks for the reply, but why would I have to run my shock settings at full soft? It seems as though I am not getting the full use of my suspension, ie: don't feel like it cycles through the full length of travel. When sitting still I can bounce on the seat and it doesn't feel like it compresses that much. It is good for high speed whoops but at slower speeds I don't feel like I am getting full use of it.

Where exactly are your "free" and "rider" sag numbers? You could have shock, linkage or swingarm bearing issues too.

If you are near Daytona or Orlando you would be welcomed to come by my shop and let me check it out sometime.

doc