Sign in to follow this  

What do you think...

...of this bike? http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/723365288.html

Is it a good deal? I talked with him and I think I can get him down to $2300. I like what he has done to the bike, but I'm kind of sceptical about it. He said he replaced the top and bottom ends but he wasnt sure if it was in 05 or 06. He said there has been only been about 20-30 hours on it since he replaced them both and it has been sitting in his garage because the doesnt have time to ride, but insists it fires right up and runs strong. If I do end up getting it I would like to swap the fatty out for a SST and put a power now and vforce reed valve system in. What are your thoughts, anything I should watch out for and over all are the 04 RM125's good bikes?

$2500:bonk:

You should definately talk him down considering its used, its a 2-stroke (a 125 at that), and he doesn't remember when he replaced the top end???

I would say $2000 at MOST, really less than that, but hey its your money:ride:

That is alot but the 04 had a crazy motor. Power everywhere even off the bottom which 125's never have.

$2500:bonk:

You should definately talk him down considering its used, its a 2-stroke (a 125 at that), and he doesn't remember when he replaced the top end???

I would say $2000 at MOST, really less than that, but hey its your money:ride:

Yeah I wasnt sure about the price. I'm not sure if I can get him down to $2000 though. How or what should I say to get him to drop the price?:thumbsup:

That is alot but the 04 had a crazy motor. Power everywhere even off the bottom which 125's never have.

Yeah it should be a screamer with all the stuff he put on plus the stuff I'll put on if I decide on getting it.

Pricey! you could find an 03-04 450 for that :thumbsup: I wouldnt pay more then 1800 for a 2nd hander on a 2t 125

i just bought a 2006 rm125 last night. 1 owner, VERY low hours, completely stock, nearly new.

i paid 2100 here in kalifornia. :thumbsup:

we usually pay premium here (due to all the democrats,:thumbsup: ) but times are tough.

talk him down.....

i just bought a 2006 rm125 last night. 1 owner, VERY low hours, completely stock, nearly new.

i paid 2100 here in kalifornia. :thumbsup:

we usually pay premium here (due to all the democrats,:thumbsup: ) but times are tough.

talk him down.....

Man are you kidding me? I cant find anything for under $2000 that isnt newer than a 2002 CR125R. People around here are greedy or something. I'll see if I can talk him down but I doubt it'll be anything below $2000. Its been on craigslist for a while so maybe I can convince him that he wont get anything more than that.

Yeah I wasnt sure about the price. I'm not sure if I can get him down to $2000 though. How or what should I say to get him to drop the price?:thumbsup:

If I were you I would show up with $1800 cash and see what he says

If he has any idea what that bike was really worth he would JUMP on $1800

I cant believe that guy wants $2500 for a used 4 year old 125:bonk: He must be crazy:crazy:

I dont have to get this bike if it sounds like its too much of a risk factor, but I thought I'd take a look at it because you dont see to many 125 2t up for sale around here anymore. I'd really like an RM. I saw a couple of 06's on the list but they wanted like $3000 for them. Whats with the high prices?:thumbsup: I'd really like to sell my bike and buy a newish RM125 and have some money left over for parts and stuff, but thats not looking like its going to be an option. Any ideas on how to find a newer one for a decent price?

i found mine on craigslist. there is also proride.com out here. i got a 05 yz125 in like condition last year for 2400. that was a great bike too. i built it into a 144. i should of kept it. :thumbsup:

alot of it is timing, having cash at the right time. part of it is not minding being a little rude. offer what you want to pay, and be ready to walk away.

good luck.