Tune up ?

I have a 2000 YZF 426. I've recently purchased it. I love this bike. I rode a week ago at an elevation of 7500-8000ft. I did notice that when steady on throttle, it would miss. Upon giving it more gas it would stop and still had full power. I'm going to be changing the oil and filter. I would like to do a "minor" tune up if such a thing exists. i.e. plug , air filter??? not sure what to get and if it is something I can do myself. Now I usually ride around 6000ft and I have plenty of power and never noticed the same problems I'll also be installing a new sproket and tire. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

- First time mechanic

well id get a fuel screw...it makes it easier for adjustments....2nd id get a ready racing air filter...they come pre oiled with gloves....and for the sprockets id get tag or vortex...they look cool and they are strong...and welcome to everything man...im sure if you ever have any problems you will find the answer on here...this is a great site and there are great people on here that are happy to help!

Forgive me but can you explain what a fuel screw is and what it does?

Forgive me but can you explain what a fuel screw is and what it does?

Check this info out for jetting/air screw info. http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm

Thank you very much. I have a lot of reading to do but I think this will give me all the information I need.

Oh good luck changing the tire... I just did my first one. When you do your first, you gotta do it yourself, no matter how cheap or quick they do it at the local shop.

My friends pulled up lawn chairs and I bent both the tire irons, but I rode the next day so it was worth it. I won't even tell you how long it took...

Thanks a lot!! I have some time until I ride again so I guess I'll learn.