Sign in to follow this  

08 DRZ 400 SM. Jetting Spec?

Looking to put a dyno jet jet kit in, and the extended fuel screw and float bowl kit. Also doing the 3x3 mod, I also drilled out the end cap on my exhaust, along with a few holes in the first baffle. I'm about 450 ft above sea level and ride in temps from 5 degrees celcius to 33. Trying to figure out what to put in it.

Dealership said there is only a stage 1 available for the SM but there is a stage 2 for the E. Should I go with the one for the E? Will it work?

I just cross referenced the parts canada catalogue with the dyno jet website, and apparently the SM Dyno Jet kit contains a stage 1 and 2, and on parts canada it's the same jet kit number but it only says stage 1. So I'm hoping it's a parts canada mistake and it's actually the right part number that dyno jet claims it is.

Can I assume that 2006sm is the same as 2008sm?

I also have the above DJ stage 2 combo:

extended fuel screw

3x3

155 main

22.5 pilot

clip 2

Is this good enough for my full yosh? Or should I bump up to 160 main?

When I first installed this, I was having some surging while cruising on the highway. I am worried about running lean.

I should add that I just changed back to stock pilot today. I was having problems with blipping the throttle from idle, and it the engine would stall. So I swapped it back to 22.5 and tried blipping the throttle even when it was warm. I still managed to stall it a few times. I am 2.75 out on the Keintech. Any ideas?

I am running a full yosh RS2 with the insert now, but it would be nice to know if I needed a different jet if I took out he insert in the future.

Eddie I can't thank you enough! She runs perfect from idle all the way through the midrange on my little test drive anyways. Thanks again!

New to this, I'm running an 08' SM with full Yoshi, K&N, and 3x3 mod. Just wondering what jetting is recommended. I ride at about 200-800ft. I'm guessing I'm going to need a DJ stage 2 kit, but what main to use and do I need to change the pilot. Does the DJ kit come with an extended fuel screw? Sorry, newbie!

So from what I get from this is with my yoshi full exhaust without the insert. and my setup the way it is all i need to do is change the main jet to a 160? Do I need to change the clip in the needle also?

I'm assuming you've done the 3x3 mod with a performance air filter of some kind already and now you're adding the full exhaust? If so here's your specs using a Dynojet stage 2 kit - different from the JD kit!

With the insert in:

155 main jet

dj needle

clip 2

dj slide spring

stock pilot jet (22.5)

2.75 turns fuel screw

With the insert out:

160 main jet

dj needle

clip 2

dj slide spring

stock pilot jet (22.5)

2.75 turns fuel screw

The main jet is all that changes. With the help of Eddie I set my 08' Sm up as he suggested and it runs perfect! It's loud without the insert, but I love it! I recommend getting the Kientech fuel screw and float bowl screw kit for hassel free adjustment in the future!

Thanks again. Already got the fuel screw and float bowl kit. Just have to change my jetting tomorrow for a much louder bike. Hopefully wake up the people in the front part of my house who are loud so late into the night!