Stalling

Today i was on my bike and i got myself into a pretty sticky situation trying to get back up a hill and stalled out the bike like 20 times in 5 minutes (its electric start only). Can that damage my bike in any way starting it up so much in a short period of time? Also, if you put the bike into a lower gear and your going to fast for that gear when you let go of the clutch can that damage your bike? This is my first bike and i only got it yesterday so i dont know much. Thanks.

ps. bike is a 2003 ttr 250

Can that damage my bike in any way starting it up so much in a short period of time?

Not really. Starters pretty much have a finite number of starts in them before they burn out, and all you'll do is get to that number faster. Also you might drain the battery faster than it can charge.

Also, if you put the bike into a lower gear and your going to fast for that gear when you let go of the clutch can that damage your bike?

Yes if you're bad about it (pinned one gear, downshift to the next). It can over rev the engine past what it is designed for and float the valves into the piston (or throw a rod into yer nuts).

Not for short periods of time, like less than a minute or so. It should have an ignition rev limiter to keep the engine from 'sploding. Go much longer than that at low gears, and it will be making heat faster than it can cool off, then you'll be looking at burning stuff.

Basically: get to the top of this hill pinned in first, you should be fine. Run down this entire road in first, don't do that.