(Speedo) Lies and Statistics

Legend:

Model is model.

FS = front sprocket tooth count

RS = rear sprocket tooth count

Ind = indicated speed in mph (if metric, please convert)

Act = actual measured speed in mph (GPS or radar is excellent)

Abs = Ind - Act (absolute difference in mph)

% = 1.0 - Act / Ind (percentage difference in mph)

TTer...............Model.......FS....RS....Ind....Act....Abs....%

HazDaGeek.......WR250X....13....42....60....56........4.......6.7

camlifter..........WR250X....13....42....35....31........6......13 (radar)

LiveSideways....WR250R....13....43....92....85........7.......7.8 (GPS)

blueshopsuper...WR250R....13....43....51....45........6......11.8 (GPS)

ZX1100F1.........WR250R....13....43....50....43.3.....6.5...13.4 (GPS)

winterfreak.......WR250R....13....43....33....28........5......15 (radar)

Gargoyle...........WR250R....13....46....30....25.......5......16.7

bigtreeblock......WR250R....13....46....40....32.7.....7.3...18.2 (GPS)

Mark-in-Mo.......WR250R.....12...43.....60...49.8.....10.2..17 (GPS)

Mark-in-Mo.......WR250R.....12...43.....90...74.7.....15.3..17 (GPS)

Mark-in-Mo.......WR250R.....12...43.....30...24.3.....5.7...19 (GPS)

If you care to add info so we can figure averages, please include model, FS, RS, Ind, Act and how Act was measured (GPS, police radar:busted: , etc)

EDIT: SEE POST 31 FOR THE CURRENT AND MORE CORRECT VERSION

Shouldn't you add a front sprocket field also

Shouldn't you add a front sprocket field also

:thumbsup: Yes. We could call it the Zadok field:thumbsup: Juuuust kidding, I've already picked on Zadok today. Obvious omission, fixed in 60 sec.

Thanks, Jaynen.

:thumbsup: Yes. We could call it the Zadok field:thumbsup: Juuuust kidding, I've already picked on Zadok today. Obvious omission, fixed in 60 sec.

Thanks, Jaynen.

Oh no.....where am I getting "picked on" now? I cant even

keep up anymore......:thumbsup:

Thanks, Jaynen.

It's ok I mean we know you are old and senile afterall you chose deranged hermit for your moniker :thumbsup:

It's ok I mean we know you are old and senile afterall you chose deranged hermit for your moniker :thumbsup:

It was a way of helping people know what to expect:eek: You know, "put it in context", "consider the source", all that. Sometimes I startle or upset people when I don't mean to.:thumbsup:

Like the guy I told to use an Etch-a-Sketch today for his fuel controller. OK, maybe I meant that a little:naughty:

"Girls just want to have fun":D

Back on topic, the phones are manned, we're waiting for those speedo accuracy calls to come pouring in:ride:

Like the guy I told to use an Etch-a-Sketch today for his fuel controller. OK, maybe I meant that a little:naughty:

:

Actually that one was really funny.

Still not sure when you picked on me. Must of not made

that much of an impact, cause I dont even remember it.:thumbsup:

Actually that one was really funny.

And all i got was silence. I figured I'd offended a bunch of people while trying to make a joke. Been there before :whistling:

Still not sure when you picked on me. Must of not made

that much of an impact, cause I dont even remember it.:thumbsup:

Weren't you the "Coreolis effect" victim? Ah yes,

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6695279#post6695279

Like shootin' sitting ducks:p

I had faith in you, that you wouldn't ask me for more info, or start arguing that it wasn't true:applause: But I wasn't completely sure, you never know what will happen...

I'll have to make more of an impression next time:D

My actual was gps :thumbsup:

Weren't you the "Coreolis effect" victim? Ah yes,

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6695279#post6695279

Like shootin' sitting ducks:p

I had faith in you, that you wouldn't ask me for more info, or start arguing that it wasn't true:applause: But I wasn't completely sure, you never know what will happen...

I'll have to make more of an impression next time:D

lol....Oh that. Yeah, I guess you will have to try harder.

Im not the brightest wrench around, but my engineering

background probably doesnt hurt either.

Well....on second thought, sometimes it does. Overthinking

some things can just flat give me a headache. lol

Good try though......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was traveling down my subdivsion and the fuzz placed a radar MPH trailer on the subdivsion road. Speed limit is 30, my bike said I was doing 33, and on the digital fuzz speed read out it showed I was doing 28mph. :thumbsup:

Winterfreak

Edson Pfeiffelman

Grand Junction, CO

My actual was gps :thumbsup:

Thanks, updated.

lol....Oh that. Yeah, I guess you will have to try harder.

I laughed. You laughed. Mission accomplished.

Was traveling down my subdivsion and the fuzz placed a radar MPH trailer on the subdivsion road. Speed limit is 30, my bike said I was doing 33, and on the digital fuzz speed read out it showed I was doing 28mph. :thumbsup:

Winterfreak

Edson Pfeiffelman

Grand Junction, CO

Hi EWP! 33 ind, 28 act (radar). Now - model and sprockets (if stock, "stock" is fine.

Nobody needs to incriminate themselves here by stating the speed limit at the time. It's not relevant, and I don't want to start a contest:naughty:

Many moons ago I had a friend with a mustang who used the school zone radar to practice his drag launches:crazy::thumbsup:

Hi EWP! 33 ind, 28 act (radar). Now - model and sprockets (if stock, "stock" is fine.

Nobody needs to incriminate themselves here by stating the speed limit at the time. It's not relevant, and I don't want to start a contest:naughty:

Many moons ago I had a friend with a mustang who used the school zone radar to practice his drag launches:crazy::thumbsup:

Stock WR250R. And yes Dad :thumbsup: I saw that I was under the speed limit on the radar so wasn't breaking the law, but thought it was interesting that the speedo on the stock WR250R was 5mph off going that slow.

I thought things were weird on the hwy when cars were passing me and I thought I was going the speed limit at 70. Maybe I was really only doing 60 mph.

Stock WR250R. And yes Dad :thumbsup: I saw that I was under the speed limit on the radar so wasn't breaking the law, but thought it was interesting that the speedo on the stock WR250R was 5mph off going that slow.

I thought things were weird on the hwy when cars were passing me and I thought I was going the speed limit at 70. Maybe I was really only doing 60 mph.

You're on the list:ride:

ind.35mph, act. from police radar sign 31 mph. stock sprockets. i also just put on a 14T sprocket, cruise rpm at highway speeds is much lower, didn't hurt the low end at all, top speed shows 83 mph on the speedo and that was in 5th gear, shifting to 6th actually droped it down to 80 mph. need to put the gps on and see how far the 14t throws the speedo off.

ind.35mph, act. from police radar sign 31 mph. stock sprockets. i also just put on a 14T sprocket, cruise rpm at highway speeds is much lower, didn't hurt the low end at all, top speed shows 83 mph on the speedo and that was in 5th gear, shifting to 6th actually droped it down to 80 mph. need to put the gps on and see how far the 14t throws the speedo off.

14T! 14T! :thumbsup: I'm begging for more info :thumbsup: Please have a look at http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671778 and post there, or start a new thread on the swap. The 14T should help with speedo accuracy:)

Are you saying that with the 14T 5th hits the limiter, but you actually can't hold speed from 5th to 6th?

OK, camlifter WR250X, 13 42 35 31 (radar). Info is complete.

EDIT:On second thought, 83 with 14/42 probly isn't at rev limit in 5th. Stock is about 82-84 IIRC.

couldn't hit the rev limit in 5th either. shifting to 6th just droped the rpms even more and slowed the bike down some. kind of windy too, that probably didn't help any. only had the 14t on for a day so far. i like the lower revs on the highway but was hoping to get more max mph, the 250 just dosen't have enough ass to to pull more gearing. going to vintage days at mid ohio this sat. that should be enough miles to see how well i really like the bigger sprocket.

couldn't hit the rev limit in 5th either. shifting to 6th just droped the rpms even more and slowed the bike down some. kind of windy too, that probably didn't help any. only had the 14t on for a day so far. i like the lower revs on the highway but was hoping to get more max mph, the 250 just dosen't have enough ass to to pull more gearing. going to vintage days at mid ohio this sat. that should be enough miles to see how well i really like the bigger sprocket.

Good for you camlifter:applause: I see you have also tried a 12T. remember that the indicated speed is now 8% lower than with the 13T, 15% less than with 12T. (At least I assume that's how the speedo works:excuseme: ) So your indicated 83 in 5th with a 14T would match an indicated 89+ with a 13T or 95+ with a 12T:thumbsup:

Wind can have a huge effect, so I hope that is part of it. It will be disappointing if this ends up being a definitive result. It may be we need a little fairing / windscreen work to improve aerodynamics enough to let the little engine get the job done at high speed. I have asked Parabellum if they have a windshield that will fit our bikes:D

I took the long way to work this morning... 1.5 miles.:thumbsup: With the gps holding steady at 45 mph/ speedo reading 51mph. gps @ 10mph/ speedo @11. I was going to get a full range but traffic was just too bad (about 10 cars on the road.):thumbsup: