Friday Club....are you there?

Brett,

When are you guys riding next? Is it too wet?

Kevin,

I posted up on the "Sandbox" forum about the condition of the road into the gate this weekend. I was told it was in very bad shape. Basically I was told unless you have 4wd you probably would get stuck, so we did not go. Hopefully things will dry out some. A couple weeks ago I went to Hard Rock and then while on vacation we rode at Durhamtown and in the Chattahocche National Forest. I am sure the Sandbox is very wet and I have not been out there in a while. Keep us posted if you decide to go.

MarkC :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, last time I met Brett out there the road was marginal at best. Maybe a few weeks of not so much rain will help. Does the county maintain that road?

That road has been in WAY too good shape as of late. 'Bout time it reverted to its normal state.

It's like the sales people at the dealer tell you - you don't NEED a 4x4...... :thumbsup:

I am not sure who grades the road but it could be the grove owner (their big trucks go in and out a lot during the season). It might even be one of the long time Sandbox "residents". I hear a name mentioned but I don't know who that person is.

Some of the "regulars" shared stories of how bad the road has been in the past. Evidently it has been much better in recent years. I only got stuck once and it was my own fault. I was not paying attention and entered a very soft area to slowly. I bottomed out and that was it. Fortunately one of the big trucks was coming out of the grove and pulled me out. Nice guy.

They got more rain out there today. I will check the forums to see what the conditions are like.

MarkC

I am not sure who grades the road but it could be the grove owner (their big trucks go in and out a lot during the season). It might even be one of the long time Sandbox "residents". I hear a name mentioned but I don't know who that person is.

Some of the "regulars" shared stories of how bad the road has been in the past. Evidently it has been much better in recent years. I only got stuck once and it was my own fault. I was not paying attention and entered a very soft area to slowly. I bottomed out and that was it. Fortunately one of the big trucks was coming out of the grove and pulled me out. Nice guy.

They got more rain out there today. I will check the forums to see what the conditions are like.

MarkC

15 years ago I was in and out of there fairly regular and it was almost a given that 4x4 was required 90% of the time. Even when it was dry it was plagued with deep sand. The worst areas were "fixx't" by somebody dumping that white "rock" crap, and letting the traffic do the grading.

It will be terrible this weekend. I'm going to the ABC ranch this weekend, should be good. I hope for less rain next week. I should be good to go next Friday. If anyone has an itching to travel some let me know. I might be able to do Delancy or something next Friday.

The O people who have the cow farm out there grades the road.

Brett,

ABC ranch?

Maybe the new trail next week in Ocala or Delancy I'm in.

ABC ranch?

I'll explain next time I see you but I will say that it is some of the nicest land I've seen in central fla.

Lets try for Delancy next Fri. I'll start working SWMBO.

Kind of stinks I can't get out to the sand box with my 2WD truck. If this keeps up... I'll have to use it as an excuse to go get a 4WD! :-) Actually, I already had my truck when I bought in at the Sandbox.... else it would be 4WD. I've had to be pulled out a few times just getting into and out of the parkling lot in the wet summer months.

When it dries up and cools down in a few months.. we'll all have to get together for a good ride out there.

Sounds good Don. The road was really bad 2-weeks ago.

Oh well. I'm out for anything next Friday. SWMBO reminded me we are taking the kiddies to Bush Gardens.

Brett,

Say hi to my daughter Jessica (tall blond with short hair). She is a photographer at the park and is working full time this summer while out of school. I have to work next Sunday or we would be heading over there to spend the weekend with her. She has been asking me to bring the jet ski's over to the bay so she and her friends can play on them.

We are going to ride somewhere this Friday if we don't get rained out. Still planning on a trip to the H/M trails possibly in September. New trails opened near Asheville and there is a very nice KOA there.

MarkC:ride:

Mark, Where near Asheville? My parents live in Hendersonville about 20 minutes away. I'm going up in Aug and Oct. We are going to ride street in Aug but in Oct I'm taking my dirt bike.