'08 sm450r exhaust questions

Hello all. As the title suggests I am the proud owner of an 08 sm450r. I have put about 600 miles on it, and have loved every minute. ? So here are my questions.

1st question...How much louder is the Arrow exhaust (that the dealer is selling as part of the power-up for $399 installed and remapped via iBeat) than the stock exhaust? I pulled the spark arrester out of the stock can to see what the bike would sound like with a little more free flowing exhaust, and by my ear-o-meter I am guessing 2-10dB louder. I don't want a loud bike, because I don't need to draw any more unwanted attention to myself (the bike does enough of that sitting still).

2nd question...with the powerup, I know they do the Lambda blockoff, and remap the FI, and early searchs seam to show a 20% power increase and seems to fix the stalling at idle issues (mine does this occasionally). Can that be true? What does it do to the fuel economy? I am averaging almost 50mpg now. I wouldn't care if I were racing it, but I don't want a 30mpg commuter. Can I do the power up and leave the O2 plugged in? Will I need a special mapping, or a power commander?

I love my bike now. ? I don't want the cops giving me grief for noise :bonk: and my wife asking why I needed to spend $400 for less mpg ? , but I as a man, I can't leave it alone for much longer (I have already pulled the carbon can and associtated plumbing off as it was blocking my view of the motor). ?

The Power up kit is a slip on muffler, O2 sensor removed from the pipe and caped and the harness plug. It instantly changes your map from 0002 to 0001 which is a richer running A/F curve. There is a slight difference in mpg but even as a commuter it is HIGHLY reccomended. I did it to my 610 and found it to be the best money spent per gain. As for a 20% increase, that may be a little opptermistic. See how you go, you'll love it, I'm sure.

I am also thinkin of heat wrappin the pipes. My pants are gettin trashed.?

Check the "important info" stick at the top of this forum. Several options for pipe guards to eliminate the burning pants.

I have some ski pants that I put over my Dockers, and tha saves the dockers, but not the ski pants. ? I looked at some of the ideas for larger heat gaurds, and wrappin the exhaust. Perhaps I will do both. ? I did on my XR400 and it worked like a charm. ?

I have the same bike and I put my power up kit on a couple weeks ago. Wow, huge difference. I thought it was running pretty decent before, but now it rips. As for the sound, at idle its about the same. However when you get on it, it barks. Sounds awesome. Just don't rev it too hard around your wife or the neighbors. As for the cops stopping you for it, I doubt they will. I wouldn't stop anyone for it, (I could) but I wouldn't. Same goes for the emmitions falling off. Get it, its definetly worth it, and don't tell the wife about the milage, I don't.?