stuck throttle/carb

Yesterday I went to accelerate hard, and my throttle went wide open and nothing happened. Luckily I was only 1/2 block away from home and had enough momentum to get into my driveway. I took a closer look and the nut that holds the throttle cable had come lose somehow and fell off the seat it sits on, thus not pulling the cable wheel open. So I got back in there and put it back on like it is supposed to be, but now my throttle sticks. Its hard to open, and it will not snap back. So then I take both the throttle cable and return cable off, and discover that the wheel that rocks back and forth is stuck somehow. I can force it open but it will not snap closed. Could I have damaged that spring? Or something internal in the carb?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You probably over pulled the throttle wheel, causeing the shaft of of slipped. You need to reset it.

s 0r e model?

You probably over pulled the throttle wheel, causeing the shaft of of slipped. You need to reset it.

How might I do that?:thumbsup:

s 0r e model?

07 400-S model:thumbsup:

doubt it , check the cables to see if they are frayed, broken wires or bent. Check the wheel to see if the pivot is loose broked or worn out

doubt it , check the cables to see if they are frayed, broken wires or bent. Check the wheel to see if the pivot is loose broked or worn out

Yea good point, I dont think i could have over pulled the wheel since I had the grip all the way pulled, but it was only barely pulling the wheel open at all. I checked the cables and they are fine, its not the cables that are sticking. I D/Ced the cables and twisted the throttle and they move freely. With the cables disconnected I moved the throttle wheel with my finger and it sticks, it won't snap back closed unless I push it closed.