any deals on dual-sport tires ?

hi, is anyone knows about any deals on dual-sport tires 18 and 21 inch rim (XR650L). I ride mostly street. ..

Shinko 244 at BikeBandit. Tread looks like a Kenda K270 ir IRC GP1. At about $60 a pair it's the least expensive that I know of. No idea how they work.

i know a few guys who swear by the Kings KT-966's(80% slab & 20% dirt)...but i've never used them...shud be able to find them for ~$100 a pair.

:thumbsup:

i know a few guys who swear by the Kings KT-966's(80% slab & 20% dirt)...but i've never used them...shud be able to find them for ~$100 a pair.

:thumbsup:

They're Shinko now. I just bought a set from the TT store, $112 to my door.

I have been running the Kenda 761s for commuting, they do well, even on dirt roads, they just don't like sand and large loose rocks. seem to be lasting a damn long time too. but its hard to find some of these tires in stcok anywhere now, all the people commuting on the dualsports have bought a lot of them up.

I have been running the Kenda 761s for commuting, they do well, even on dirt roads, they just don't like sand and large loose rocks. seem to be lasting a damn long time too. but its hard to find some of these tires in stcok anywhere now, all the people commuting on the dualsports have bought a lot of them up.

Not just the Kendas, a lot of DOT tires are out of stock.

I know I sound like a broken record, but if you can find the Mefo Explorer, it is well worth the extra initial cost. Mine was about $140 shipped, but I have 2500 miles on it and it still looks new. At this point the $60 Kenda would be used up. I got 3200 miles out of the stock rear on pavement, but the Explorer is the way to go for the best value. I have no doubt I will get better than 8,000miles from this back tire.

-Joe

I use the Avon Distanzia dual sport rags on my XR650R street legal "commuter from hell" BRP, they work nicely and ride smoothly, and stick well in fast twisties, almost as well as a super motard setup. They are more street-oriented than dirt, however, and likely would spin unmercifully offroading.

Oh Purcell don't even start on those Mofo's!!! after weeks of indecision I finnally decide to pick up the 5.10 (what ever it is in metric) and everyone is out of em:foul: So I got a middle of the road IRC which I am quite confident I will get 3000 miles out of :ride: Then a week later some guy is talking about his new rear Mofo:foul:

I just picked up a front and back MEFO Expedition Sport from KTM650.com for $209 includes shipping. They do tend to sell out quickly because of their high demand, but they are very honest as to when they are coming in.

Did you mean KLR650.com? I know I just called at the wrong time. either that or they have tires for everyone but Aholes from Washington:busted:

I wanna try a Mefo next go around.

Did you mean KLR650.com? I know I just called at the wrong time. either that or they have tires for everyone but Aholes from Washington:busted:

I wanna try a Mefo next go around.

I told them you were calling and to hide all the tires in the back!:ride:

-Joe

I told them you were calling and to hide all the tires in the back!;)

-Joe

Dammit I knew it was you!!! They have tires for the KTM's The KLR's and all the TT'rs except Chaos! :ride: I allready got it figured out for next time. "Hi this is purcell 70 in Washington..." ..."Oh the tires are on their way"..."you even mailed a gal with cupcakes to mount them for me"...

..."Thanks"...

Just an idea...

Come up with some easy to make product, and try to get tucker rocky to list it. If you can get in as a dealer, you get about 30% off the list price on average. One of my friends sells stuff to them as a supplier.

Maybe you can get a business license and then tell them that you have a business and would like to sell their items.

I'm still diggin' the hell out of my Mefo's! I finally got the bike off road a bit this past weekend for a quick jaunt and after airing down (I keep 'em up as this is my daily commuter), they handled great! I only have about 500 miles on them so far and showing no signs of wear at all.

I'm still diggin' the hell out of my Mefo's! I finally got the bike off road a bit this past weekend for a quick jaunt and after airing down (I keep 'em up as this is my daily commuter), they handled great! I only have about 500 miles on them so far and showing no signs of wear at all.

I'm almost 3,000 miles now and still no noticable signs of wear. I am beginning to think the spare IRC GP110 may never get mounted.

Oh yeah, Chaos, they're on to you now. It's all part of my Master Plan. :ride:

-Joe

Just ordered a set of the Mefo explorers, they have to be better than the stockers right?

Shinko 244 at BikeBandit. Tread looks like a Kenda K270 ir IRC GP1. At about $60 a pair it's the least expensive that I know of. No idea how they work.

they are on the backorder ...