Mounting Cycra Pro-Bends

After reading all the rave reviews about the Cycra Pro Bends I've decided to replace the horrible guards I'm currently running. What I've noticed though is that people have had a lot of trouble mounting them. Is there a preffered/easy way to mount them on an 03 WR250F?

The hose from the front master cylinder interfered so much with my current guards I had to cut a piece out of them so that they'd sit correctly. I've read a lot of people replaced theirs with a CR master cylinder with the hose connected to the back. Did Yamaha ever change to these ones or what model CR's had them?

Thanks guys.

You can trim off one of the tabs on the brake hose so you can move it further.

Main thing I found is to get a good bench vise and a BIG adjustable wrench (I used an 18" one) to bend the guards so they fit. Don't try to use the bolts to force them into place or you'll strip the aluminum that they thread into.

i took mine and put them on my wifes bike. i had the bar mounted version and that setup sucks they dont clear the lines correctly on my wr. probaly should have gotten the triple clamp ones.

I have the Cycra pro-bends on my 03 WR and they work great. I run with the front brake lower than it came from the factory so I can reach it better when I'm standing up. I used the triple clamp mounts, and it's a very clean installation.

i took mine and put them on my wife's bike. i had the bar mounted version and that setup sucks they dont clear the lines correctly on my wr. probably should have gotten the triple clamp ones.

I read about how the triple clamp mounts cause vibration in the handlebars, but I was hard headed and ordered them anyway and put them on, well they definitely do cause vibration. I went back to my bar mounts and it eliminated the vibration. Here's my bar mounts made by KTM they have an arch in them to help with the brake lines, still not perfect though.

u6907894.png