CRF230L vs. DR200

Hello all,

My Mom is looking into getting into Dual Sporting and she has asked me to find out some info about the bikes listed above.

She's leaning more towards the zuke because it's lighter, but any information you know about any of the two bikes would be greatly appreciated and put to use.

Thanks

Hello all,

My Mom is looking into getting into Dual Sporting and she has asked me to find out some info about the bikes listed above.

She's leaning more towards the zuke because it's lighter, but any information you know about any of the two bikes would be greatly appreciated and put to use.

Thanks

I test rode a CRF230L, and wound up buying a used DR200. The DR200 is a bit more comfortable, IMO. Otherwise the two are pretty much equal, except that the DR has an easily replaceable oil filter and the Honda uses a centrifugal oil cleaner that is a PITA to service. Also in favor of the DR is the fuel capacity is way more than the Honda. Where I live, the DR is way cheaper than the Honda. If it were me, I would buy by price and dealer service.

if i were buying i'd have to buy both because i wouldnt have made up my mind

Maybe look for an XT225? I picked up a leftover new 07 for $3,200, which is less than the Suzuki goes for.

Of the two you mentioned, definitely the Honda!

XT225's are great bikes. Had one earlier this spring. Good deals on them because their "so" much technically outdated compared to the XT250, CRF230L, and DR200.:ride:

Get some different tires and change gearing to 14/45 along with uncorking it and it's even a good dirt mount.

My Uncle has (well, now had) a XT225. We both loved it! I tried recommending it to her, but she's now sprung on the new Yamaha XT250. I still say go with the 225.

The new XT is "sexy" I guess for an old tech play bike with dual sport equipment on it. however, the sexiness comes at a price of more money and something like 30 pounds heavier. Get the 225 and be happy.