Sign in to follow this  

A couple Questions

Some people on here been telling me that i need to rejet my stock 2008 XCF 250 if so what jet do i need to change. The shop and my dealer i buy the parts from wanted me to fin out. And do i need to up or down. Also my next concern is will my bike be able to handle big jumps bening it a XCF not a SXF. I worrie alot about everything I am not getting in to MX racing but i do like to jump. May get in to a little XC racing

THe XCF is very different from an EXC which badly needs carborator help, or even the XC-W. The SXF and XCF are at least workable as is. The JD kit does improve them a bit but its not like they are screwed as is from the factory. If you have the dollars to make it a bit sharper the JD kit would be prudent

THe XCF is very different from an EXC which badly needs carborator help, or even the XC-W. The SXF and XCF are at least workable as is. The JD kit does improve them a bit but its not like they are screwed as is from the factory. If you have the dollars to make it a bit sharper the JD kit would be prudent

Not sure how you think the jetting on the XCF/XCFw is much different, other than the needle in the carb.

XCF has a 40PJ and the W has a 42, same main.

Just get the JD kit.

As mentioned get the JD kit.

It'll have a few jets and needles. Enough to cover a wide range of ambient temps.

In Ontario if jetted on for hot summer riding you'll probably go pretty lean in winter if you run studs. The JD kit will have the cold weather needle and proper instructions.

IMO the 2008 XCF will handle all but the largest jumps. And maybe those too depending on your weight and suspension tweeks.

Lastly, if your dealer or shop can't recommend a jet set or range find a new dealer.

Go with the JD and do it on your own.