Sign in to follow this  

Gorman, Mini Ride Report July 19 & 20

So first things first. Loading the bikes on friday night. Weather report calls for rain on Sunday, we're taking the trailer. My 7-year old son Levi been bugging me to go riding. We've never had a Father/Son ride yet. While loading the bikes in the trailer, I spilled a drop of fuel on the floor. I opened a large window on the side of the trailer. Well, during the drive up north, my bike came loose while going through a parking lot and crashed through the window, breaking two panes of glass.

Off to Home Depot we go for clear tape...... After eating a burrito at Del Taco in Corona, we fixed the window and got back on the road. 10:am.

Saturday we arrive 12 noon sharp. Levi decides he needs to get some track time in before our ride.

Wooooops, hit save too soon. See more below.........

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04147.jpg

More:

I didn't see it but, Levi pulled off this huge whip.

Levi throwing back a coldy after a hard ride.

First water break Saturday behind Smith Fork Campground

Dad enjoying his ride with Levi

Levi high centered on a rock in the Riverbed and spun the chain. Dad broke out the tools, reset the chain and come to find out he sheered off one of the master link pins. The master link clip was just holding on. So I broke out some Alumabond and made repairs.

Levi handing Dad tools

DSC04154.jpg

DSC04155.jpg

DSC04156.jpg

DSC04157.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04161.jpg

Going and thrashing the toyhauler is better than sitting on your ass, wishing you would have gone. Now you have a story to tell.

The WR50F on the Team Rack getting some final adjustments

The Factory Rig with Sleeper

Sunday Levi on Schmidt Ranch Road

Levi on Meadows Trail

Levi passed dad with ease...........

Levi on KNARLY hill climb

Levi on First water break Old Cottonwood Trail

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04166.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04177.jpg

DSC04178.jpg

• Like 1

I need to get the kids out! Good times!:thumbsup:

Right on man!!! GO TEAM BLUE!!!!

good to see fathers and son's ridiing blue!!

bp

Continued.....

Levi getting goggle cleaner from his WR50F fender pack(enduro kit comming soon)

More track time on Sunday

Levi striping down for a much needed shower

Pulling the rig out of camp Sunday

After 24 hours of sun and fun, Levi and I had an awesome time together. Levi had some issues in the sand. He must have went down every 500 feet or so. I was beat, poor kid is so small and skinny, 42lbs soping wet. He can't even pick up his own bike. Shifting is also an issue, I need to put in gear for him at every start.

A 10 mile plus ride for us. My 450 was overheating after a continous .5 miles per hour, poor girl wasn't getting enough air at the low speeds. Must have seemed like 100 miles for my little guy. He rode like a trooper. I was so proud of him. The window breaking on the trip out Saturday morning took the cake. I wasn't even pissed, just want to get to Gorman. 24 hours, 300 miles round trip, $150 diesel, $75 window, $5 master link, $8 Alumabond, $25 misc. food, Father/Son ride at Gorman PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN! window was over $250 afterall.......Still worth it.

Update: Can't say where I got it, but some reall nice guy sold me the entire window, brand new for $150

What's up with the little pics? Anybody know what I did wrong? My cam is a 2.0 Sony Cibershot.

DSC04179.jpg

DSC04183.jpg

DSC04188.jpg

DSC04189.jpg

• Like 1

Continued.....

Levi getting goggle cleaner from his WR50F fender pack(enduro kit comming soon)

More track time on Sunday

Levi striping down for a much needed shower

Pulling the rig out of camp Sunday 11:50am

After 24 hours of sun and fun, Levi and I had an awesome time together. Levi had some issues in the sand. He must have went down every 500 feet or so. I was beat, poor kid is so small and skinny, 42lbs soping wet. He can't even pick up his own bike. Shifting is also an issue, I need to put in gear for him at every start.

A 10 mile plus ride for us. My 450 was overheating after a continous .5 miles per hour, poor girl wasn't getting enough air at the low speeds. Must have seemed like 100 miles for my little guy. He rode like a trooper. I was so proud of him. The window breaking on the trip out Saturday morning took the cake. I wasn't even pissed, just want to get to Gorman. 24 hours, 300 miles round trip, $150 diesel, $75 window, $5 master link, $8 Alumabond, $25 misc. food, Father/Son ride at Gorman PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like good times had by all :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The nice thing about the mirrors is you don't need to look back as often.:thumbsup: The number plate is missing something, I just can't put my fingure on it.:thumbsup::bonk:

That is so cool ! I had a bicycle at age 7, then at 12 i would take dad's enduro out while he was at work. He would come home and see something broken and dirty LOL

It looks like good times had by all :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The nice thing about the mirrors is you don't need to look back as often.:thumbsup: The number plate is missing something, I just can't put my fingure on it.:thumbsup::bonk:

LOL, working on the plate thing. All the money needed for the plate mod just got spent on the gorman trip. YES!, the mirrors are the best thing I've done yet. I'm usually breaking my neck trying to see how he's doin. What a plus.:bonk:

Your pics are small because you attached them to the thread rather than linking to them.

To get them bigger you need to upload them on another site like photobucket or myspace or whatever then use the IMG /IMG in brackets command to link the image into the post

I would like to know what the weather was like and how were the crowds ? It makes me want to go with my boys.

Your pics are small because you attached them to the thread rather than linking to them.

To get them bigger you need to upload them on another site like photobucket or myspace or whatever then use the IMG /IMG in brackets command to link the image into the post

AH, now I see.

Thanks Jay,

I would like to know what the weather was like and how were the crowds ? It makes me want to go with my boys.

I did my research the few days before. Gorman was the one place that had the least amout of heat. Levi is very sensitive to heat and I couldn't take a chance on overheating him. Sunday was clear and 97deg H and Sunday was cloudy in the morning and cleared up by 10am.

Crowded, but not too bad.

Very nice! :thumbsup: I cant wait till my 1-year old little guy is old enough to ride. Some of my best memories with my dad are when we used to go riding just me and him at Gorman, Texas Cnyn or Cal City when I was a kid.

Gorman is pretty good weekdays especially. There are a fair amount of people but its hot enough a lot less than usual. We did a night ride/stay over/morning ride and packed up by noon and didn't run into many people at all a few weeks back even tho there were quite a few trailers in camp.

Gorman is pretty good weekdays especially. There are a fair amount of people but its hot enough a lot less than usual. We did a night ride/stay over/morning ride and packed up by noon and didn't run into many people at all a few weeks back even tho there were quite a few trailers in camp.

So, what trails did you ride on at night? Tejon? That one is a slight challange even in the daylight. Sounds like a blast.:ride: