Sign in to follow this  

Chain Slack

What is the recemended chain slack? Right know I think I have it about 1"

it varies from bike to bike, which bike are you talking about?

My YZ 250 manual says to measure from the plastic chain guard to the bottom of the chain while you are streching it, this should be done with the rear wheel unweighted. the range for my bike is 1.6-2.0 inches

My YZ 250 manual says to measure from the plastic chain guard to the bottom of the chain while you are streching it, this should be done with the rear wheel unweighted. the range for my bike is 1.6-2.0 inches

'cept you've got more than 2.0 inches O' slack now - right?? :thumbsup:

'cept you've got more than 2.0 inches O' slack now - right?? :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ZING! :bonk::thumbsup:

Thats one of those things you feel horrible about for laughing at... it was the perfect comment for comedic relief but still a bit below the belt...

He had a case saver, so making fun of his cracked case is like making fun of a blind man for getting hit by a car. He couldn't help it.

appreciate the comment Juicebox :thumbsup:

Shrub knows me well enough to poke fun though :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ZING! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thats one of those things you feel horrible about for laughing at... it was the perfect comment for comedic relief but still a bit below the belt...

He had a case saver, so making fun of his cracked case is like making fun of a blind man for getting hit by a car. He couldn't help it.

Nor could I for being so dumb I put the flywheel on incorrectly which sheared the woodruff key and kickstart spindle resulting in a cracked crankcase cover and 30 days downtime and a $300 or so repair bill.:bonk:

Nor could I for being so dumb I put the flywheel on incorrectly which sheared the woodruff key and kickstart spindle resulting in a cracked crankcase cover and 30 days downtime and a $300 or so repair bill.:thumbsup:

Ouch:ride:

I would think those that ride MX would run their slack even more to account for the greater travel the swingarm sees.:thumbsup:

I would think those that ride MX would run their slack even more to account for the greater travel the swingarm sees.:thumbsup:

Actually you would be surprised how much compression the suspension goes through in desert racing. When I go racing across the dez and hit the whoops in 5th Ocasionally Ill bottom out the suspension. And there are times I slide into a rut hard and bottom the suspension.

Long story short I wouldn't change it for off road or motocross.