WR250R Clutch Question???

I have 180 miles on my WR250R and have noticed that even with the clutch lever pulled all the way against the bar that I can not shift into first gear. I have to release the clutch a little and it will then let me shift down into first from Neutral. Is it the adjustment on the lever or another issue?

:thumbsup:

Thanks,

Winterfreak

Edson Pfeiffelman

Grand Junction, CO

How much free play do you have in the lever?

This is fairly common when at a dead stop especially if you coast to a stop in neutral, although I don't recommend sitting at a stoplight out of gear just in-case you need to escape.

Does your bike down-shift into 1st OK though while you're still moving?

I was able to reduce this issue by breaking the bike in with more miles and switching to synthetic oil, some people think synthetic oil makes a clutch slip but I put 50K+ miles on a 1996 GPz1100 and never replaced the clutch.

A good pair of boots helps a little as well, I can get a bit more leverage on the shifter than I can with my flip-flops :thumbsup: I wear a pair of Sidi Scorpions (light) boots while commuting.

Usually if I push down on the shifter while letting the bike roll just even a inch or so the bike will pop into gear for me. If its feeling like it won't go in at a stop

That is typical of a lot of bikes. Just make sure that you put it into first gear right before the stop and this will relieve this small headache. All that is happening is that the gears a just a tad off when you stop and when you move it that inch or so they get lined up. Happens to me on my KLX if don't put it into first gear prior to the stop.

I've had that problem pretty bad on the wr over other bikes I've had, but it's still new of course. Just makes me look like a noob on his first bike when light turn green and bike go ZINNNNNNNGGGGGGG.

Thats why I always get it into first while im rolling up to the stop now ;p

I've had that problem pretty bad on the wr over other bikes I've had, but it's still new of course. Just makes me look like a noob on his first bike when light turn green and bike go ZINNNNNNNGGGGGGG.

LOL, Im making the sound while reading your post.:thumbsup: