Sign in to follow this  

not turning over.

Hey guys i have a 2008 crf250r and the other day i was at a local practice track and the bike started good and ran good for about two laps and then it started to bog and i just figured i was in to high of gear but i wasn't. the bike died two turns later. i tryed to start it back up but the compreshion was really hard and did not start. later that day i tryd again but after two or three kicks it got so hard that i couldnt even turn it over. when i got home i changed the spark plug. and it helped for about 10 kicks and then lucked up.

so what is going on?

is it bad gas?

or

eletrical problems?

btw what should i be running for gas. i am running 89 pump.

I run the highest octane (pump) that i can find whenever i need 2 fill up.

Can't think right now it's too late but that makes no sense if it kicked easier when you replaced the plug.

You should be running atleast 91 octane pump fuel.

How much oil do you have in the bike? Is it clean? It should be changed after every ride / 1 to 2 hrs / one tank of gas. Both engine and transmission - I use Shell Rotella T 15w40.

your carb might be running REALLY rich. sounds to me like the piston is being hydro locked, or maybe some other mystery liquid got in their.

ya im bringing the bike into the shop today and have them look it over. ya i does seam that the piston is locked.

the guy at the shop just called and sad that the rod barings went out. what caused that?

to many hours on the engine having the bike on the rev limiter for extended peroid or jus not enought oil

ya about 4 hours before this happend i crashed and the bike was on its side and the throttle was stuck wide open for like 5 seconds or so. the bike was still in gear so i couldnt just pick it up. so i was looking for the kill switch but was panicking so couldnt find it. and then the bike just killed. I change the oil often. i do have alot of hours on it for an 2008. a hour a night every night.

its completely normal for rods to go after too many hours of use but my 08 has arround 200hours race and practice use on it and i still have my 04 race bike wich i keep for practice riding and the hour meter reads 1200 hours and thats still on stock rod but i did have an 07 that blew the rod after 40 hours of riding so it does happen also beining a mechanic myself and knowing people that have draged cars for years little imperfections in metal can make a huge differnce in reliabality of a motor it can happen wen parts just fail so i would get it fixed and not worry too much about it

ya thanks im getting it fixed right now. i run 89 gas. but when i pick up the bike im going to get some 93 i think.

its completely normal for rods to go after too many hours of use but my 08 has arround 200hours race and practice use on it and i still have my 04 race bike wich i keep for practice riding and the hour meter reads 1200 hours and thats still on stock rod but i did have an 07 that blew the rod after 40 hours of riding so it does happen also beining a mechanic myself and knowing people that have draged cars for years little imperfections in metal can make a huge differnce in reliabality of a motor it can happen wen parts just fail so i would get it fixed and not worry too much about it

amazing yet kinda scary.

hey guys thanks for all of ur help. i picked up the bike today and raced tonight. i got a 1st and 2nd three times out of thirty people so it was a great night. so thanks for ur help.