My first conversion ttr125

Hi guys,

It has been awhile since I did this work on my son's bike but it has the standard YZ85 forks, 1994,

cannon racecraft springs for 120lbs.

Works performance special shock w/ remote res.

lightened flywheel

kx65 carb.

Thanks to chickenhauler and many others for the tips.

Before-Picture090.jpg

After- Evansttr_08_1.jpg

looks great, nice conversion. was the KX65 carb a direct swap in?

Do the original clutch cable, kill switch, and throttle cable all work without any modification and/or change?

Do the original clutch cable, kill switch, and throttle cable all work without any modification and/or change?

yes .......with a stock carb every thing works including the brake line but thats the only thing thats too short and needs to be changed...but can be used if you need to for a while.

your front brake line looks vulnerable, i would look into re routing in on the inside of the fork leg, and installing a proper guide/guides of some sort, other than that looks great !

hows the paint on the tank holding up?

I just finished my son's fork conversion today and was able to use all the stock lines. I routed the brake line inside the fork and it seems to fit fine. Even clips right into all the brackets. Not really sure I need to get a new line although I do have a YZ master cylinder, anyone know if there is any benefit to going with the YZ master?

And a thanks to those that have posted info in the past!!! It was a great help!!!

Finally! A pic of modded ttr while siting on the ground and not on the stand. The bike looks quite balanced front to back. Did you do anything else to the rear except for the shock swap ?

Not really sure I need to get a new line although I do have a YZ master cylinder, anyone know if there is any benefit to going with the YZ master?

I replaced ours with an '05 YZ master, and IMO, there's not any noticeable difference in feel nor performance. The biggest difference is the lever adjuster. THe TTR uses the tip of the screw end off the lever to push into the actuator, whereas the YZ adjuster has a fixed actuator and the adjustments are done at the lever side. Basically, when adjusting the lever on a TTR for small hands, a gap exists between the adjuster and the actuator, whereas the YZ adjuster won't leave a gap when it's said and done.

Thx Dao for the info! If I do decide to swap for the YZ master do I use a standard or short brakeline? Rode it around last night and messed with the fork settings a bit. My son weighs 110 lbs. and with the weight of the TTR I think he is right at the new forks limit so I guess I'll be getting some new springs soon.

For those that have changed the carb is it a big difference?

I'll post a pic. when I get home today if anyone is interested.

the only advantage to using the yz master is you can use a yz brake line , which is longer. the yz line wont fit the ttr master but will fit the caliper.......i I used the ttr master and caliper with a special steel braided line made for the conversion. ride engineering makes them for about the cost of any other steel line.....its the right length for the forks and makes up to the ttr master and caliper.....its better than the yz line cuz its steel. i did use the ttr line for a while but its too short and keeps you from being able to raise and lower the front after the back has been raised to adjust the handling. it also makes a loop when the forks compress at the bottom by the wheel allowing it to get caught on sticks and other things........at some point , it needs to be upgraded.....this is the ride enginnering line.,,,,the bike has been leveled with the forks nearly all the way extended......and has pleanty of adjustment latitude ...........Picture005.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

CIMG2842.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

john4ct looks sweet!

I will keep the YZ master for the time I need to move the forks up. My older son is the only one riding it so it'll be a while before I need to move the forks. I may never have to move them since my younger son will prob. move up to the TTR eventually.