WR250X dyno chart , anyone have one?

The WRR should be spooling up about 7,300 RPM's at 65mph.

The rev limiter is set for 12,000 RPM, no Tach so no redline just rev it like you rented it.

And Jaynen is correct the WRR cruises at high speed better then a DRz, my brother-in-law cannot keep up at highway speeds on his DRz400S

Stock the DRZ turns 6170 rpm at 65 (redline is 9750)

My SM with 15-38 turned 5850 at 65mph (radar) 60% of redline

60% of 12,000rpm is 7200 rpm

(The WRR should be spooling up about 7,300 RPM's at 65mph.

The rev limiter is set for 12,000 RPM, no Tach so no redline just rev it like you rented it.)

I put one of these tach’s on my DRZ worked great went on in 20 minutes.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=SWW%2D114906&N=700+115&autoview=sku

DRZ400SM 15-38

Gear Incl/ speedo error

3 ….. 10mph = 1360 rpm 1455 rpm

4 ….. 10mph = 1080 rpm 1155 rpm

5 ….. 10mph = 850 rpm 900 rpm

Not trying to sound like I am defending the DRZ, the DRZ motor has more

than its share of problems.

The RPMs the bike is at doesn't matter read all the WRR/X reviews and everyone unanimously says that this bike is surprisingly free of vibes at high RPMS and speeds. It has no problems being revved it loves it and without the vibes freeway speeds are a lot more comfortable.

A stock DRZ makes 35 horsepower at the rear wheel while a stock WRR makes around 26. The 400 also has a major advantage in the torque department. With a simple sprocket change there is no question the 400 would dust the 250. Who gets one of these bikes for speed racing though? I think most people that buy the WR over the DRZ do it because they want a newer design that handles better, feels lighter, and has fuel injection. It would be stupid to buy the DRZ because it'll run 95 and the WR runs 93. :ride: Anyhow if Yamaha does decide to make a 450R it would almost completely capture the dual sport market IMO...

blue=stock

red= 3x3,pipe,jetting

green=with fcr

SMFCRCONVERSIONHP.jpg

jaynen

The RPMs the bike is at doesn't matter

Sure it matters.

A motor turning at 60% or its max RPM will last much longer than a motor running at 85% of its redline.

Not spinning enough rpm's with a load on the motor (lugging) is hard on the lower end.

jaynen

The RPMs the bike is at doesn't matter

Sure it matters.

A motor turning at 60% or its max RPM will last much longer than a motor running at 85% of its redline.

Not spinning enough rpm's with a load on the motor (lugging) is hard on the lower end.

WRR motor is completely different tech than the DRZ, its designed with 4,000 mile oil changes and 26,000 mile valve checks. Even the bullet proof old motors like the DRZ and XR400 don't compare to that. The WRR motor will last far more miles at freeway speeds in comparison to any other dirt bike because of this. It's also better balanced so you have much less vibes which means more comfortable.

And there are 200lb+ guys here loving the snot out of their bikes, so for someone like me who is only 155 I can easily carry a bunch of camping gear or whatever else I knowing I have plenty of capacity. I know guys who have even ridden the thing 2up with their spouses without a real issue.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=52362

This is the best thread for a comparison of the supermoto models.

hart, that dyno chart was posted by Eddie Sisneros your TT jetting expert and a DRZ owner, not myself if that caused any confusion. If anybody knows what numbers the 400 makes on the dyno I'm pretty sure it would be him.

I rode a stock DRZ400 S (with free mods) for a couple of years. My "seat of the pants" take is that they accelerate very similarly on paved surfaces. However, it is easier to bring up the front end on the WR, which is a big deal to me off-road.

SPUTTER, can you feel the difference in power on steep climbs between the two bikes? My dad is fixing to buy one of these bikes and is worried if the 250 has enough power for somebody 6'3'' and 210 pounds. He's not worried about the power at sea level, but when we ride in Colorado at 9000-12000 ft. above sea level they lose a lot of power. Many of the climbs are pretty steep and he wants a bike that has ample power. Just wondering since you have actually owned both...

hart, that dyno chart was posted by Eddie Sisneros your TT jetting expert and a DRZ owner, not myself if that caused any confusion. If anybody knows what numbers the 400 makes on the dyno I'm pretty sure it would be him.

Thanks, is that the E version or the S? I'll drag against my buddies drz 400 s shortly and I guess the question will be answered. obviously the drz will have a better power curve, i expect it will be 5 horse up too. if what aggie says is true there will be about 9 hp difference and I will get beat bad.