Sign in to follow this  

1986 TT225 jet help

I have a 1986 Yamaha TT225. It seems to be running a little rich at small throttle openings. I tried adjusting the fuel needle but it makes no difference so i suspect that the pilot jet is a little too big. The bike has a Teikei Y26P carb with a #42 pilot jet and I'm having a hard time finding a smaller pilot jet to fit.

Does anybody know where I can get pilot jets to fit? Or any cross reference #s from Mikuni or keihin?

Thanks in advance.

why don't you try a brand new pilot jet (stock) in case someone drilled that one out because of a bottom end lean condition. that is what usually happens to carb jets that are hard to get.

I'm pretty sure TeiKei pilots jets are only for TeiKei. I know the main jet's on my XT350 cross over with the Mikuni but I was not able to get a larger pilot jet so I drilled mine out. The Yamaha TT350 runs a TeiKei carb and stock pilot jet is a #40. Yamaha part #30X-14342-20-00. Also a little smaller #38 pilot, part #30X-14342-19-00. I'm not SURE if they cross over to your exact carb but it's a start. HTH c good. P.S. Have you adjusted your fuel/air mix screw first to see if that helps?

Yes, I tried the screw but no difference so thats why i suspect that the pilot is too big. Ive seen some mention that some Keihin and maybe Mikuni jets will fit this carb so I was hoping somebody had already tried it and had the part #.

In the meantime, maybe #38 pilot (part #30X-14342-19-00) might work. If I can't find anything definite maybe I'll try that. Thanks.