Sign in to follow this  

02 450R 3 Wheeler.

Well guys, I've been building this bike for about 2 years. It's finally ridable. It started as a 02 CRF frame, I then fitted the rear suspension parts from a 07 TRX450. I cut the origional crf top shock mount off to keep the seat height low enough for a 3 wheeler. I then built a custom top shock mount using the center section of the origional crf mount. I had the rear shock built by Steve at Custom Axis, man Is It nice. The triple's were custom made In my shop, but are not quite finished. I will be adding 1/2" collars for more clamping force on the forks. The front forks are from a 01 CR500. I modded the lower section of the frame to fit 400ex pegs. I hand built a 2 gallon gas tank from aluminum using all the origional CRF tank fittings & petcock. Ron Hamp cut my valve seats and Installed the valve's, He Is a great guy who Is not shy to share his knowledge :ride: We talked for quite a while about racing In general. Other than that the engine has a mildly ported head with a stage 2 hotcam. The stock TRX exhaust fit the CRF frame with just a very small tweek at the rear section of the headpipe. I can't believe how well this bike handles, It should turn out to be a fun bike.

crf450frame-1.jpg

topshockmountd.jpg

4502503.jpg

450ralmostdone.jpg

450RGasTank.jpg

450rnoplastic.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome! Great project and nice outcome! Wish I was near enough to ride it!!!

VERY NICE WORK !!! :ride:😉😛

That will be an amazing ride ... one of a kind to say the least!!

I SOOOO miss those bikes. I still hold a grudge against Yamaha for getting them banned with the stupid rear engine design on their three wheelers in the 80's :mad::rant: I sure hope that group of engineers is not part of their design team (probably in charge of the yz450 steering🤣:D )

I must say, you have some serious fabrication skills. Wish I could do work like that. Excellent job. :ride:😉

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you like the finished product :ride:

• Like 2

Those are spme sweet "Modifications" right there!!!! but the important question is :ride: , What do you call it???? 😉

Wow!

Maybe you can convince Service Honda to crank a few of those out based on your design--Certainly looks as nice as anything they do. You should get one of the ATV magazines to revisit their roots and do a test on it!

dude i would brag so much if had that that thing, that is the sickest thing i have ever seen!

WOW!! Killer job bro. I am super impressed. Major prope to your fab skill!

also 3 weelers are kinda special to me. they have a special place in my heart.

they were one of first recreational vehicles i have ever drove, i was like 5 lol. i would love to build on someday

Awesome. You have some serious fab skills. I agree, you need to contact a magazine and have them do a test. Again, Awesome.

Oh, and gas for you.:ride:

now thats awesome. I didnt think anything like that can be done. I guess with some great fab skills anything can be done.

Thanks for all your compliments guys, we just might see It In a magazine one day soon. That would be way cool 😉:ride:

That is very impressive. I grew up on three wheelers, always wanted a 250r. I guess you you made the modern version.

You have got some skills. Post up some video sometime if you can.