Sign in to follow this  

02 450R 3 Wheeler.

Now I will give all my excuses. We were on you like paint the entire time you were In the front. The only reason I did'nt beat you through the first turn Is because I got Pinched In the middle going Into It. I had no place to go. You had no one on your outside. So you just rode unbothered through the 1st turn. I had you beat all the way to the turn. Watch the video close.

In the second moto, I beat myself In the second down hill turn. If you watch that close, I locked the brakes up so I wouldn't rear end Mark. He was In bad shape In front of me. I was trying to cut Inside, then had to turn hard right to keep from hitting him which sent me way wide. Oh yeah, I DID beat you In both races. Think what you want pally, come on back cause I'll be ready!!! I freekin love this stuff 😛 It will be some awesome 3 wheeler racin you can bet on that🤣

The video makes you look slower doesn't It. Remember, were buddys now LOL so don't get hurt feelings. Anyway back to the bikes, I think they are all pretty closely matched. No matter how you slice It we all have 3 wheels. And as for the forks, no matter what, If you want full length forks on a 3 wheeler your bars will be at the top of them!!! So no matter what you do to your frame your bars are mounted to the triple clamps. Should I send a pink tutu? HE HE. I'm laughing while I write this🤣

Now I will give all my excuses. We were on you like paint the entire time you were In the front. The only reason I did'nt beat you through the first turn Is because I got Pinched In the middle going Into It. I had no place to go. You had no one on your outside. So you just rode unbothered through the 1st turn. I had you beat all the way to the turn. Watch the video close.

Well i don't know about you getting pinched off But since you asked me to watch the video close i did🤣 at 00:19 you can see you got the jump on me off the gate...nicely done BTW...By 00:16 i made up that gap and was dead even with you, By 00:15 you can see me ahead of you going into the first turn were i was on the outside of you AND i did have someone on my outside Mark ? maybe ?

Now i know SOMEONE was close behind me but I don't think it was You...lol...although you were in third ...Mark 2nd?...off the start Derrick got past you...3a17.jpg...CopyofCopyof12.jpg you were a little further back.🤣 At least next year i'll know were the hell i'm going🤣

In the second moto, I beat myself In the second down hill turn. If you watch that close, I locked the brakes up so I wouldn't rear end Mark. He was In bad shape In front of me. I was trying to cut Inside, then had to turn hard right to keep from hitting him which sent me way wide. Oh yeah, I DID beat you In both races. Think what you want pally, come on back cause I'll be ready!!! I freekin love this stuff🤣 It will be some awesome 3 wheeler racin you can bet on that🤣

i got the best view of what your talking about. I was right behind you.

I will give you that your the only one to beat me in both races🤣 And i did just like i said i would walk up and shake your hand.🤣

The video makes you look slower doesn't It. Remember, were buddys now LOL so don't get hurt feelings. Anyway back to the bikes, I think they are all pretty closely matched. No matter how you slice It we all have 3 wheels. And as for the forks, no matter what, If you want full length forks on a 3 wheeler your bars will be at the top of them!!! So no matter what you do to your frame your bars are mounted to the triple clamps. Should I send a pink tutu? HE HE. I'm laughing while I write this 😛

well even though you didn't want to make the bet if you send the TuTu i'll honor my end...BUT!!! you have to do the same next year when i beat you🤣

I only wish we could spend more time racing then typing🤣

Yes, It's a 3 wheeler, not a bike. Here's the pic's of mine, the Black 3 wheeler Is not mine!!!

450rfullsizesweet.jpg

450done2.jpg

450done3.jpg

...And as for the forks, no matter what, If you want full length forks on a 3 wheeler your bars will be at the top of them!!! So no matter what you do to your frame your bars are mounted to the triple clamps.

Yes and no, by using "gull wing" triple clamps my bars are almost 1" lower then they would be if i used straight or "normal" triple clamps.

Bill, I'm sorry but your 3/4" difference just does nothing for me!!! As soon as you put the gull wing In your triple's, you then had to cut the springs In your forks!! So you put a 3/4" gull wing In your triples, then lowered the steering head on the frame. It looks to me like you lowered the forks 3" to make up for the frame / triple mods. Raise your forks up where they should be, and measure from the ground to the bars. The dirtbike forks are long, and thats the price you pay for good suspension. This thread was not meant to cause an arguement, so lets just agree to disagree that you built yours your way with your frame, and I built mine my way with my frame. I don't care where my handlebars are, my bike turns on a dime, and jumps AWESOME. I have 3000.00 dollars In my bike, you have 13000.00 In yours, happy spending!!! :worthy:

Lets PLEASE stop this while It's still decent, Thanks. PM me If you have more to talk about, or my phone # Is 1-517-206-7635. Jason..

450DH-1.jpg

450uh.jpg

You guys are a trip!! lol!!

It's been a fun read.. nice work both of you. I had no idea anyone even rides these things anymore. I had a nice stocker like the one in this thread although it only looked like his for about 5 minutes after I got it home.

Good luck at the races boys..play nice and remember the answer to who will win or who's bike is better is always in your right hand not in the tool box at home.

Ride on!

SM:ride:

No argument here Jason, Just discussing. I'll leave it at your diagnoises of my forks is wrong just to clarify.

I didn't say it on the other board but that track looks fun.

Supermoto101, It probly Is kinda funny reading about a couple 1980's hillbilly's bickering about 3 wheeler's LOL. We both love to ride them, and as Bill agree's we are very competitive people who have different ways we set up our bike's. They both work great as the bike's have proven.

Bill, the track Is a blast to ride on, the owner Is 51 years old and still ride's like he Is 20. He keeps the track groomed constantly. He has rode 3 wheelers since the 80's also and got a kick out of me building a modern bike. He rode mine a couple weeks ago and told his buddy, I could get used to that. He still has an 87 200x he bought brand new, along with a couple 250sx's. I wish you and Derrick lived closer so we could get some time on this track together. That would be Intense!!! :worthy::eek: And my buddy would love to see It.

Definition: trike

The noun has one meaning:

Meaning #1: a wheeled vehicle that has three wheels

Definition: bike

Meaning #1: a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels

Some people seem confused on the issue, kinda like saying my CRF450R quad is awesome !

Wow AWESOME FAB WORK!

BUT.........That's an awefull lot of work to ride a triwheeler. Any modern 4wheeler will still kill it on a rough moto track.

Hell, even golf carts gave up on the triwheeler thing. It wasn't even up to "par" for golf course duty!!:worthy:

Hahahah.. Hohohohoho. weeeeeee! woa. Breath! Breath!

Wow AWESOME FAB WORK!

BUT.........That's an awefull lot of work to ride a triwheeler. Any modern 4wheeler will still kill it on a rough moto track.

Hell, even golf carts gave up on the triwheeler thing. It wasn't even up to "par" for golf course duty!!:banghead:

Hahahah.. Hohohohoho. weeeeeee! woa. Breath! Breath!

Ok i'm probably going to piss Jason off because he knows my passion and I don't want this to turn ugly...But, By that reasoning any bike will smoke a quad on Rough MX track. so what is your point :eek:

With that said Back in the day when trikes and quads raced together Trikes won more then quads. yes that was in the past but they were on = terms then.

Back then when i raced i never got beat by a quad. Today, well i concede that i would get beat by Top quad racers. not because of my Trike but, because i'm old, out of shape, and dealing with a injury.

Trikes have several advantages over Quads just as quads have advantages over trikes. It all comes down to what your used to.

Sorry Jason. :worthy:

I call all my atv's bike's. No big deal, but thanks for the Definition from a true English teacher LOL :eek:

As far as what would win on a rough mx track, yup your probly right a quad might win. But have you seen a good rider on a 3 wheeler, maybe you should bring your quad out and give It a shot :worthy: In the tight trails or on a one grooved track a 3 wheeler can hang, I think You would be surprised.

I was lucky enough to make a trip to Southern California with my good friend Corey Sprock of Sprock Racing. The 450 got a bigtime workout at Gordons Well and Glammis. Wow you west coast guys are lucky to have such AWESOME dunes.

450rinsandSWEET1.jpg

450rinsandSWEET2.jpg

GlammisGordonsWell085.jpg

GlammisGordonsWell088.jpg

th_27c4f3cc.jpg"]th_27c4f3cc.jpg[/url]

We are talking about his AFATC not a pissing contest :moon:SORE LOOSER:p

Well in the spirit of busting balls remember this...You did not beat me in the first moto i beat myself when i stalled while leading the race.

yes next year will be better. While we both may have had the same amount of Track time on our Trikes You have been riding at that track for years while that was my first time at the track and my first trike race in 20yrs. also my trike was not finished untill a few days before the race. you had a few months on yours by then.

and if you look at the pics and video you'll see you actually got off the line by a good trike length...i have never started on concrete with a trike before...yet i managed to beat you to the first turn and pull away coming out of it...imagine if they let me run that portion of the track in practice...i had never even been there before the holeshot, i had no idea were i was going.

as far as our fronts ends I'll have to correct you on a few things. First i run a 23" tire just like you. second I lowered my forks because at the time my PEP shock had not come in and i was going to run the stock swingarm/shock set up. So it would have been balenced. IT will go back up to 11 1/2" travel. right now it's at 10 1/2" .Also remember i use "holeshot" device so my forks were compressed in that starting line pic.

as far as handle bar height we both run the exact same bend...CR low...so you say my bars are low i say yours are high...lol

truth be told about my stall...and second moto...remember i was riding with a wrist injury. I got cross rutted and my bars yanked my wrist...ouch...i wasn't even going to run the second moto. Thats why i just cruised it.

I'm having surgery sometime in Jan or Feb so it looks like i'll miss the indoor races.

ok enough bench racing trash talk for now, we got a long time to do it again before the next race. (just remember thought you did not see me at my best)

i'm sure next year will be more intense and twice as fun then this race. I know there will be more TPC 450's in the line up:banana:

seriously though congrats on the win and thanks again for posting the vid. I had never seen it before.

That is some creation! It would be an absolute blast in the snow!

This units are pretty sick guys! Nice fab work!!

Edited by DaveUA