SilverSurfer, Oldedude and the great High Sierra ride - Part II w/PHOTOS

2+2=4

I finally put it together.

So....................... I see you went DOWN the hard part.?

BB finally did it. Last year you bitched & moaned it was too rocky, no fun. So you've changed your mind eh? ?

Beautiful Pics. Silver Lake is so clear & pristine. SLR do any fishing yet? I'm jealous, Peak gets in on so many rides sneaky like! :ride:

Silverlakerider said:

Finally got back to hooterville-good pics Bob and nice meeting ya.

ED650 and I got back to his truck about 4:30 pm. We were a little late getting back after a deep water crossing down in a canyon, but I'll let El Dorado tell that story. Once again, great company, great riders, enjoyed every minute of it, and I sure am sore today.

ElDorado650 Reply:

Between being tired, the "Mob Mentality" and SLR and I looking at the creek crossing and saying "I don't know", I told SLR I was just going to look. So I dipped the bike in and crossed to a sand bar in the middle. Not so bad.

The next portion of the creek looked deep and it was moving pretty fast. So I nosed into it and saw it was getting deep fast.? Well, I am in it now, so grab a handfull of throttle and it will make it through:thumbsup:

That did not work out so well:banghead: . The bike is now in the middle of the creek, me sitting on it and the water is up to my stomach. All but the very top of the handle bars is underwater and not running:foul:

Pushed the bike out the rest of the way to the other side and looked back at SLR, who had the look of "That was about stupid - but funny".

SLR yelled over - are you coming back? I said "Hell no". So SLR did the smart think and left the bike off and pushed his through. It kept the water out of his engine - his bike re-lite with no real problems.

Me being the commander of the sub-fleet had a different outcome. After pumming the plug, flipping the bike upsidedown, pumping out at least 1/2 gallon of water from the engine, removing the air filter and wringing out all the water - still no start.

Flipped bike over again - pumped out more water. - no start.

Blow dry spark plug - no start.

Remove air filter, no seat, blow dry plug - kick on bike for atleast an hour - finally it started:applause: I could not have been any happier.

Re-assembled the bike, let run awhile to get warmed up and water out.

Then it was the realization we had to go up the hard trail with the switch backs. That actually went very smooth. Got back to the truck without further incident.

By the way SLR - the rock foot incident did not work out well either. The foot and ankle are blue and purple, and 2 broken toes.? It is still pretty tender - I am seeing the doc today. Is long as it is just the 2 toes - no big deal. Should be able to ride in a couple of weeks.:ride:

Would I do it all over again - You bet!!! Would I probably cross the creek again - Damn right!! I am not the fastest learner on a bike:ride:

??:rant::mad:

And BTW-the toes were busted before we got to the creek, but sub commander 650 manned up and made it out. Plus kicking that bike over 100 times to try and get it to fire. Needless to say, we were spent by the time we got back to the truck. I like perserverence and I'll go riding with you anytime. :ride:

:mad: I'm a professional at the drown bike trick. :ride: I have done it a few times............................ ? But standing in water up to my tummy while the bike was completely under................. that would have been a pic for the ages!!!!!!

DGC gave me the hidden secret. My record is 10 minutes! ?

Heal up them toes Submariner, we have a date! :rant:

??:rant::mad:

And BTW-the toes were busted before we got to the creek, but sub commander 650 manned up and made it out. Plus kicking that bike over 100 times to try and get it to fire. Needless to say, we were spent by the time we got back to the truck. I like perserverence and I'll go riding with you anytime. :ride:

Two broken toes (not the big toe - thank God - that one can get really nasty) and some good bruising according to the doctor.

Stay off your feet for a while.

Figure I can be riding in a couple of weeks, Sunday is out this weekend - but next:thinking: should be just fine.

The bike survived the submarine impersonation quite well. Just some milky oil in the trans, other than that it is perfect:D

Guess it faired better than me:cripple:

I will try and bring a camera next time

Somebody's an Iron Maiden fan! Thanks for the invite punchy! ? I bet you can't ride it without putting your feet down! :ride:

The albatross begins with its vengeance

A terrible curse a thirst has begun

His ridemates blame bad luck on the mariner

About his neck, the dead bird is hung.

And the curse goes on and on at the creek

And the curse goes on and on for them and me.

Haven't seen or heard from you in forever. How's my favorite squid doing?

Hey Ed, did you get off your bike and curse at those rocks going down Horse like you usally do?? You know the spot I'm talking about.

We stopped just prior to that and filled up our water containers and yakked it up with a couple of hikers. See, not everyone has to get into a fight with hikers. ?

So I'm telling Sean about that spot and my continual history with it, and of course he just laughing. So we fired up the bikes, and maybe it was that hot hiker chick that was watching, but I cleaned it and even did a little wheelie off the top. :ride:

The albatross begins with its vengeance

A terrible curse a thirst has begun

His ridemates blame bad luck on the mariner

About his neck, the dead bird is hung.

And the curse goes on and on at the creek

And the curse goes on and on for them and me.

Haven't seen or heard from you in forever. How's my favorite squid doing?

Hey there jarhead! Just been layin low this summer. I couldn't have gone anyway, wife broke her leg and been playing domestic dad ever since :ride:

I'm up for the loop rock soon though!

Whoa to you oh earth and sea for the devil sends the beast with rocks because he knows the ride is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the # of the bike.....

So we fired up the bikes, and maybe it was that hot hiker chick that was watching, but I cleaned it and even did a little wheelie off the top. :ride:

When ever I do something like that. I end up crashing. Glad you met some nice hikers. Did you tell them we don't mined them hiking on our trail?

Whoa to you oh earth and sea for the devil sends the beast with rocks because he knows the ride is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the # of the bike.....

:ride:??:rant::mad:

I rode alone, my mind was blank, I needed time to think to get the memory from my mind.

When ever I do something like that. I end up crashing. Glad you met some nice hikers. Did you tell them we don't mined them hiking on our trail?

The guy was with his girlfriend scouting out hunting areas. When we rolled by you could tell by the look in his eyes that he was jonesing and wanted to be doing what we were doing.

??:rant::mad:?

I rode alone, my mind was blank, I needed time to think to get the memory from my mind.

The guy was with his girlfriend scouting out hunting areas. When we rolled by you could tell by the look in his eyes that he was jonesing and wanted to be doing what we were doing.

I will second the HOT hiker chick.:ride: