Sign in to follow this  

08 530 concerns

I will be picking up a new 530 XCW this week, I am starting to get concerns with some of the issues people have been having ie. overheating, hard starting, ETC. What are some of your thoughts on the use of header wrap? The bike will come kitted with a dual sport kit, will this give me issues with my charging system? Do you have any suggestions of things I should bring up to my dealer before I take delivery. Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

De-smogging the bike and jetting it properly seems to cure the hard starting problem. It did for me. I was running the battery dead from trying to start the bike. Now it fires within the 1st half second. I haven't had any problems with overheating but I don't stay in one place for long with the bike idling. I'm not sure about header wrap or the charging system. I'm in Round Mountain, NV and bought mine in Sparks. Definitely consider the extended warranty while you're there. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, jetting will be first on my todo list. I had read an article in dirt bike concerning the header wrap.

Fun bike.. lot's of torque and heck I find that thing to be a blast trying to keep it under control in the tight stuff :ride:

That would be the BAD Japanese bike reliability it lacks, right?;)

I feel for you BOBC1, but you are comparing a brand new engine(2008) compared to an engine that was developped in what 2000(WR400/450) ??

I might be off a little in terms of what year they came out(WR), but if you had purchased an 07' with the RFS engine you would not be where you are today. My 2001 400EXC has only been rebuilt last year, and that was due to the PO dropping the bike in a river.

It's the chance we take when buying first year product. Cars, trucks, quads, bikes. They all have their issues......:ride:

Hope the best for you all !!

I have decided to pull the trigger on the bike for sure, I've been riding KTM since early 2000 and I have not been let down yet. If the bike does have some issue I am sure to get the help I need both here and from the dealer.