What flywheel weight to 06 YZ 125?

I'm currently building a woods bike out of 06 YZ 125. It feels a little too snappy for tight sections and I would like smooth it down a little. I'm going to buy a flywheel weigth. Any opinions what size to select? It seems that there are various sizes available GYT-R is 1.5 oz, Stealy 7 , 9 and 11oz, SFB 5, 7 and 9oz.

Stealy has a recommendation table for various applications and according to that 7oz feels most suitable. I want to keep the bike nimble and will ride some MX. It's just a little too much now. Any experience about FWW's in 125 YZ or am I forced to order multiple and just test them back to back?

I'd go with the Steahly 11 oz., if you want a killer YZ125 woods bike.

You can always take it back off, if you want to, for MX. I do not take mine off when I go to one.

If you have not yet, getting the pilot & needle circuit dialed in, (leaned for your conditions,) yields great gains in low-end on this bike. Believe me, it is well worth the effort!

I would suggest getting the jetting dialed in and going up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket before looking at FWWs.

A lot of the perceived snap can be tuned out via jetting -- by increasing the low end power to help create a more linear powerband. I pretty much only ride tight woods on my pinger and would never think twice about installing a FWW on my bike.

I haven't touch the jetting yet but planning to do it for the next weekend. Anyway I need more FWW, since the bike gets handful in longer races when getting tired. Otherwise I like the motor very much and would like to keep it stock. Currently I'm in between of 5oz and 7oz SFB's. Anyone one if there is a difference between 7oz SFB and 7oz Steahly in inertia masses?

I haven't touch the jetting yet but planning to do it for the next weekend. Anyway I need more FWW, since the bike gets handful in longer races when getting tired. Otherwise I like the motor very much and would like to keep it stock. Currently I'm in between of 5oz and 7oz SFB's. Anyone one if there is a difference between 7oz SFB and 7oz Steahly in inertia masses?

Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. After my last race, I felt like somebody replaced my left forearm with Popeye's. :ride:

As far as the difference between the two FWWs, perhaps finding a picture will help to maybe give you a better idea of where the mass is located on the disk. Obviously, a "donut" shaped weight will have more rotational mass than a similarly sized disk (of the same mass).

Changed the jetting according to Pro Circuit recommendations. Now bike is definitely more linear and smoother. I'm starting to hesitate with FWW. Maybe only 5oz would suit me best...:ride:?

By the way, I used 410 main, 35 pilot and 44-74 needle in second position (same as 43-74 position three). Air screw 1.5-1.75 turns out. Temp 75F around sea level.