Just rebuilt head with new valve terrain....what valve shim thinkness?

I would put the stock ones back in, torque everything down and then measure the clearances, and adjust them from there.

+1 I did this last weekend and I just put the ones that were in the old head back in for a start. I found that the cam shaft caps need to be tightened but it is not necessary to torque to spec for the first couple of readings. When you get close torque it down for the last readings.

Be sure and convert the clearance reading to mm. The addition and subtraction works a lot better when all the numbers are in the same units.?:ride:

You don't lap the stock ti intakes. It will wear away the coating and wreck them. You can lap the exhausts, they are steel.

But lapping the exhausts or aftermarket stainless intakes is not a substitute to getting the seats cut. If you don't get the seats cut the new valves will not last. The only time that I lap the exh valves is when I have a head dissassembled to clean it all out and put in new valve seals.

I shimmed mine on the floor, head off the bike. Just put the cam caps on, not torqued. Hot Cams shim kit and a few minutes was all it took. Rechecked when everything was done and it was all good, haven't reshimmed since (year and a half).