Sign in to follow this  

Help!

ok i was sitting at a light and it wouldnt change the turn arow for me, i was there idling for ten mins when i noticed the bike losing rpm's and slowly start to studer i shut the bike down, when the light turned green it would not start. i pushed it for an hr to a freinds and tried to start it again, nothing. i did notice that the bike turned over easily to where usuauly you could hear the compression point. the next day i picked the bike up and trailered it home. i again tried to start it all the sudden it sounded like it was tring to start. i tried it again and it started, everything sounds ok and now it starts normally like theres compression again.... what could be doing this vacume? gas? valves? carb? are some of my guesses, im afraid to ride the bike due to it may cause more damage. anyone got any ideas? :p:rant:;):ride:

I love your title

oil is there oil in there ????

what bike model and year is this ???

is this a CA bike ????

miles ??? none ???? some ???

modds ???

Did you change your tank? I, along with many forgot to hookup my vacuum hose after re-jet and new tank which gave me no fuel. Other than that, it sounds like you may have a short in the electrical. That being said, many of us have had the battery die when the bike has sat for a long time. Charge your battery up and try again, if that doesn't work its probably a little more serious. Keep searching as this forum has many experts that know way more than myself and are willing to share the best info out there. Way more than a stealership!

the tank is good i got all that, ive owned the bike three yrs, bought it new and have been a member in here awhile. i feel that it might be fuel of carb related but worst case valves anyone had something similar happen ever?

i just filled 10 bucks of 91 and i have a clear clarke tank... no problems with a fuel gauge :: wink :: the fuel smells go to me. i donno. im really stumped and the bike is parked til i finish moving, at that point ill pull the motor and send it in or replace it. what 450 motor fits in the drz frame? i heard a qaud 450 fits