CRF50 motor

We've had excellent luck with the Jialing/GPX motors that go in the Pitster Pro's. All three that I've had in my shop ran and shifted extremely well and the first one held up to some extreme adolescent abuse without a whimper. These are four speed manual clutch motors that come with everything you'll need to drop it in except a clutch lever and throttle assembly (if you still have the stock setup on your bike). Currently my BBR bike has a 125 and we're just finishing up an XR-70 build with a 140 motor. It cost under $500 from Outlaw Powersports and it rocks!! Dropping one in an otherwise stock fiddy chassis might end up being a handful, though...

Honda stator plates drop right in and the current 140's come with an internal rotor ignition which eliminates all the stock electrics and wiring on you bike except the coil and kill button. The cylinders on these motors is longer so your rear pipe mount will need to be modified as well unless you're running a two-piece pipe.

Based upon my experience you'll spend a lot less money and get more bang for your buck by going with one of these motors. Building up a Honda can be really expensive (trust me on this one) and to get an equivilent motor to the 140 you'd have to spend literally thousands of dollars. Sit your stocker on the bench for when you sell the bike, bolt in one of these critters and go ride. You won't be disappointed.

I got an oil cooled OGM 140,I've heard that they are Lifan motors with OGM branding but it's an awesome motor.

All up 4 speed,inner rotor,5 plate clutch.I got it off ebay shipped for $350,it came with everything except a carb & air filter but I used the one I had on my 125 Lifan.

$350 shipped for the motor,intake,oil cooler & lines,spark plug,coil,CDI,clutch/shift levers,throttle/clutch cables.

I can't imagine putting one in a CRF50 though,that would make it insane fast being that low to the ground & with the short wheelbase......?