alright guys lets see ur dr's! put up some pics!

hick487

Hey guys! I'd put my bike on here. But, she ain't finished yet. I'm doing a complete rebuild of my 93 DR 350. So naturally I have a few questions.

1- Should I invest in the bolt kits sold on eBay? Some of the bolts on my bike are kinda rusty and dirty. They need cleaning in order to be put back in place.

2-Also, I've taken the head off the motor due to a bolt that snapped. I was wondering if I should go further by replacing the piston rings. Or should I just leave it be. (The bike runs fine)

3- Lastly anybody know how to disassemble the rear shock?

Thanks guys! Sorry about the long post.

Here she is lol

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1414892287.071923.jpg

Well, I've just joined the club guys (I'm rapt in my DR)... Have my first pic (bit blurry, we were drinking a nice bottle of red while fitting it and it was a freezing night in Tassie too LOL).

I've added Oxford grip warmers which are brilliant for keeping the cold at bay (Tassie's too cold in winter) and, a beautiful bolt on windshield from www.screensforbikes.com ($142 delivered) The owner Peter, gives a discount on shipping to Thumper Talk members). I love the new shield. Good value and tomorrow I test it out on the highway. Mine came with two extra adjuster washers (rubber) which can tilt the shield up by 5mm on the top two bolts. Fitted it in less than 15 minutes (two pairs of hands made it easy!).

Thank you for posting the link for a DR350 windshield. I just bought a 99 DR350SE over the weekend and I want to ride it to wrk from time to time and wanted a little more protection. This shield should do just the trick. I'll post some oictures of my hallowed find when I get a chance. I'm very excited about owning one of these. My KLR650 wasn't being ridden so it was sold for a the 350. Can't wait to see what this bad boy can do.

That looks familiar! ? We're a rare breed! GO '97....

Yes! Nice looking DR350. What side panels are those? Where did you find the oil cooler?

I love the 97 graphics. I like older styled stuff for some reason, I dont mind the retro colors/neon at all. 

Ah never mind just noticed that it is a 650.

no prob thought you were talking about the other bike.....I like the older stuff guess because I'm older, I grew up in the 70's lived through music being great to absolute garbage, great tv to absolute garbage....etc, etc, so I tend to like the past.