hick487

alright guys lets see ur dr's! put up some pics!

welcome, nice machine
544ml capacity
STD level 170mm
Thanks Plugeye.
Much appreciated . G.
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 8:10 PM, Jmingst said:

I thought I’d jump in with a picture of my air cooled girl here a 1999 DR350.  She may be old, but at 52 years old so am I.  I ride this bike a lot on single trail here in the Northeast. I spend a lot of time at Thomaston dam in Connecticut or we trailer this and my sons DRZ250 up to Maine where there are miles and miles of legal ATV trails.  I’ve put drop links on it and reshaped the seat I don’t weigh a lot so I had to adjust to me.  Had the rear shock re-valved and sealed this past summer but other than that this bike runs flawlessly. Maybe it’s a little porky but there’s nothing like the dependability of these old air cooled bikes. 

7D306684-A0B2-46CA-9A3E-A9013654322E.jpeg

I have been to the Thomaston Dam several times= it is an awesome place... Nice bike.

Posted (edited)

Ok my 94, all stock except the tank and bars:

0418181636.jpg

Edited by Gnepig
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey there. I wanted to share some of what I've done with my 96 DR650. Tried the DRRiders forum but absolutely couldn't get it to work after much trying, so hopefully it will get some views here. Handlebar risers, Clarke 3.9 gallon tank, wide pegs on it when I bought it. I've dropped the fork tubes in the bracket and shortened the forks factory style as well as the Progressive springs Procycle sells. Rear shock in the lowered position. Seat Concepts carbon lowered seat, rear rack and day bag. Shortened side stand . shortened center stand. Honda SL350 fender mounted on warp9 fork brace. 19" Warp 9 wheel. Shinko 705's, CB style lamp, windscreen, Carbon wrapped side panels. Removed rear fender cowling. Ground the weld in the header down. UNI filter, snorkel removed. Drilled the slide, shimmed the needle. All this makes for a pretty fun back road runner with the capability to take the road less paved. Pretty much negates any real off road capability, but thats not really my thing. Just needed a good all road bike that had good range, decent power and asks very little of me. I'm quite pleased.

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

Edited by Jeanshorts
  • Like 1

I made some 350cc decals out of that vinyl car wrap decal stuff and a few ad clippings from a bike mag covered in clear packaging tape.  The vinyl is good quality decal flim, it's easy to work with and needs no adhesive.  Those .smaller stickers are mostly all images I've cut out of bike and hot rod mags, they stick good with clear packaging tape but the ones on the tank have to be taken off after a couple months, re-trimmed and taped back on, or replaced with new ones because of the fumes evaporating through the plastic gas tank taints the glue on the back of the packaging tape as most of you already know.  

WIN_20180424_13_22_19_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180501_08_48_44_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180606_14_05_10_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, S.Ga.Rider said:

Picked up my 2013 about 2 weeks ago. Added an acerbis tank, ordered a procircuit slip-on, procycle jet kit, twin air filter and some footpeg lowering brackets.  Now to figure out some saddlebag racks and new bars and she will be good to go

IMG_20180528_165636.jpg

i'd love to have one of those seats for my ass, that looks very comfortable right there... like a match made in heaven between that seat and my ass!.  Where'd you get that seat anyway?  I like everything about this bike, just lookin at it makes me feel like I need to step up my game.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, confederateJACK said:

i'd love to have one of those seats for my ass, that looks very comfortable right there... like a match made in heaven between that seat and my ass!.  Where'd you get that seat anyway?  I like everything about this bike, just lookin at it makes me feel like I need to step up my game.   

The seat came with the bike when I bought it and yes its great. Rode 100 miles of dirt roads today with no pain at all.

welcome, nice machine
544ml capacity
STD level 170mm
Well folks, here's the final product. At least for now.
Total expenses to date, $1835 minus Ins/Reg.20180608_124657.jpg20180608_124612.jpg20180607_110852.jpg
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, plugeye said:

with an added kickstart too

Yeah I just finished that mod... was a pain because the gear I had was a 25T not a 23T like I needed. It is no longer available from suzuki either.. found one on ebay though. a guy from adv rider forum helped me figure out what the issue was. I never knew there were like 3 different gearing setups. it went together smoothly but as soon as it started it sounded like it was about to grenade. 

Here is Ernie... my 1990 DR350S. I bought it 4 months ago with 1,900 miles.m Been riding it this summer has almost 3K on it now

dr1.jpg

dr2.jpg

dr5.jpg

dr7.jpg

dr14.jpg

dr16.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks. It is going to get some  mods over the winter. Gold anodized rims, stainless spokes, titanium ex, pumper carb, bigger tank, and suspension is getting pumped up to be truly dirt worthy. It is going to be a fun project

• Like 1