hick487

alright guys lets see ur dr's! put up some pics!

IMG_1083.JPGIMG_1081.JPG

This 95 has been in the family for almost 20 years. Thanks to the fantastic resource and users on this site, the bike runs better than it did when my dad bought it for me 18 years ago.

• Like 4

My 95 dr350 dirt model with 99dr350x suspension, pro circuit pipe, intake mods, pumper carb with 140 main, 1 clip down on the needle, pumper spring mod, Baja designs light kit, super moto fenders. Street legal with title. IMG_5811.JPG

• Like 2

2 pics of my DR125S, last rode 2003, has been stored in a garage since. 14k miles on the clock.

Lot's of restoration work to be done, I've bought a tank, ordering a fuel cap,  petcock and a battery soon.

suzdr125s.jpg

suzdr125s2.jpg

suzdr125s3.jpg

Edited by 91DR125
  • Like 1

I Love my DR650! I rode my whole life, now 58, mostly 70's enduros, I thought the DR's were the ugliest bikes I ever saw until I saw this '97 and color scheme it blew me away. I like the show as much as the go, this bike this year hit the nail on the head!

LEFT SIDE.jpg

POLISHED MY PIPE.jpg

RIGHT SIDE.jpg

• Like 2

Just picked this beauty up for a song and a dance. Pretty much in like new condition. Changing to Sargent low seat and leaving the rest as is..... Maybe a supermoto front fender.

IMG_2586.JPEG

IMG_2525.JPEG

IMG_2587.JPEG

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 2012DR650 said:

Just picked this beauty up for a song and a dance. Pretty much in like new condition. Changing to Sargent low seat and leaving the rest as is..... Maybe a supermoto front fender.

IMG_2586.JPEG

IMG_2525.JPEG

IMG_2587.JPEG

THAT IS ONE BAD ASS BIKE!!!!! First time seeing that bike color year WoW its like the Vette of DR's! Niiiice!!!

Hi,

I have just joined.

Here is my DR500S that I have been restoring here in NE Scotland, this has been a long process as the DR/SP 500 were never sold in the UK so sourcing parts has been a challenge.

I resprayed the body work and fitted the decals, re covered the seat, repaired the wiring loom, replaced the broken balancer chain, blown head gasket and bent valves.

Now fine tuning the timing after it kicked back while back firing through the ultrasonic cleaned and re built carb.

Bitch bike will grace my local roads next spring come hell or high water.

IMG_3496.thumb.JPG.3902650d17f9bf477ed6830c5c75a3f4.JPGimageproxy.php?img=%3Ca%20class=&key=6c966c5383a9ad29d5b9c81b8f994230f554f67ae547099a53820fc6adb22c45IMG_3496.thumb.JPG.3902650d17f9bf477ed6830c5c75a3f4.JPGIMG_3499.thumb.JPG.56b84c5573be33370791d0f07d38bd9f.JPG' alt='IMG_3496.thumb.JPG.3902650d17f9bf477ed6830c5c75a3f4.JPGIMG_3499.thumb.JPG.56b84c5573be33370791d0f07d38bd9f.JPG'>

• Like 3

Good looking bike.  Did you use any Youtube vids to help?  Any vids that still stand out?
I have just started my rebuild, but I am already ready for spring.
There is one thing that I am not crazy about.  It looks like the UK required a Plate that is viewable from space.  Holy Cats that thing is huge.

• Like 1

Good looking bike.  Did you use any Youtube vids to help?  Any vids that still stand out?
I have just started my rebuild, but I am already ready for spring.
There is one thing that I am not crazy about.  It looks like the UK required a Plate that is viewable from space.  Holy Cats that thing is huge.

Yes the plate is legal size for the MOT test, once it is passed I will fit a small metal plate until the next years MOT.

I have used a few you tube video’s for starting procedure with the decompression lever and balancer chain set up with the arrow marks.

Next on the list is an exhaust centre section and tail pipe.

I have a 1981 XT250 field bike to collect in 2 weeks time for my boys to play on.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:17 AM, DR650love said:

THAT IS ONE BAD ASS BIKE!!!!! First time seeing that bike color year WoW its like the Vette of DR's! Niiiice!!!

Thanks captain obvious. Obviously it is a common color in stock form, which will change. I am pretty sure when I am done with it your opinion will be different, not that I really care lol.

20 minutes ago, 2012DR650 said:

Thanks captain obvious. Obviously it is a common color in stock form, which will change. I am pretty sure when I am done with it your opinion will be different, not that I really care lol.

I wasn't being sarcastic whatsoever, I truly love it and it was my first time seeing it! I don't ride much anymore and there are NONE in my area, stock or not, I only see bikes occasionally here online, cruisers are all I see in my small town which I haven't left in over a decade. About the only thing you can do to make it fugly would to paint over that beautiful paint job with flat black.

23 hours ago, DR650love said:

I wasn't being sarcastic whatsoever, I truly love it and it was my first time seeing it! I don't ride much anymore and there are NONE in my area, stock or not, I only see bikes occasionally here online, cruisers are all I see in my small town which I haven't left in over a decade. About the only thing you can do to make it fugly would to paint over that beautiful paint job with flat black.

Well dang it I totally thought you were being sarcastic lol. Sorry about that. I sell bikes for a living so assuming someone is being sarcastic is kind of engrained in me lol. Cheers

Edited by 2012DR650

Newbie here!!!!

Here is my 93 dr350s. I bought it with 3200 miles and she now has 5287 miles. Only upgrades this far are IRC(not good off road tires) on/off road tires, pro taker bars, new chain/sprockets, and grips.

It's all broken down for the winters upgrades. Adding a bigger tank. Bark busters. Redoing the carb. Pipe. Knobby tires. Lowering link. And some racks. 

This bike has been really fun. Took some time getting used to the height of the bike. I'm 5'4 and 130lbs. Just had to learn how to tame the beast! 

20181210_092303.jpg

• Like 1