Dirt Rider 2009 KTM 450 SXF Review

Wow, seems like KTM has finally worked out the suspension problems. Guess they will run out of new bikes this year - AGAIN.

If you watch the video, in the early portion they mention having increased production of the "Six Days" bikes. They are now a "full production run" model. So I suppose, for us in the states, it's up to the dealers to order what they think they can sell?

I just found a very interesting review of the new 09 450 SXF. I noticed they mentioned it having a new water pump seal. Interesting because I'm about to replace mine for the second time on my 08. Interesting stuff on the new 09 suspension as well.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/141_0808_2009_ktm_450_sxf_first_test/index.html

Thanks for the link. It also had another link that connected to the 09 250 XC 2-stroke review. Nice to get these reveiws so early!

There massive price increase this year, is going to hurt them this year.

I was quoted a grand more than I paid last year for a 200xc, for a bike with no changes.

Actually there have been fairly major suspension changes but some are inside where you can't see them and the new inner tubes...well...chromed steel looks like chromed steel..?

There massive price increase this year, is going to hurt them this year.

I was quoted a grand more than I paid last year for a 200xc, for a bike with no changes.

There´s also new cams. Both exhaust/intake to boost low-end pick up . We Euros get a new Exhaust header wit a chamber. Why it isn´t on the U.S models remains a mystery...

There´s also new cams. Both exhaust/intake to boost low-end pick up . We Euros get a new Exhaust header wit a chamber. Why it isn´t on the U.S models remains a mystery...

I am betting the US models do not come with the chambered headpipe as part of a deal with FMF (and their Megabomb headpipe).

Wonder if i could just stick those 09 cams in my 08. Besides the cams is there any other motor changes?

Nothing bigger in the engine department . Damn - 2009 450 SXF prod. run is delayed. So i can´t get my new scoot before the end of August. I think there´s some kind of conspiracy going on behind my back. First the Öhlins TTX and now even KTM...?

Nothing bigger in the engine department . Damn - 2009 450 SXF prod. run is delayed. So i can´t get my new scoot before the end of August. I think there´s some kind of conspiracy going on behind my back. First the Öhlins TTX and now even KTM...?

Wow, you still haven't recieved those ohlins cartridges as yet?