My foot rubbed raw, and oil coming from somewhere.

well i rubbed my foot raw today trying to start my bike. i guess i should have worn boots but i was gonna be riding for about 20 mins until it got dark anyway. well i guess the reason my bike was hard to start is cause of my valves :D yesterday it started up first kick. today different story.

and i saw that oil is coming from somewhere on my bike i saw it kinda got on the front sprocket and flung it around. it wasnt alot but it was sitting for 4 weeks and i didnt see a drop of oil from it. maybe it was because when i tried to start my bike i tipped it over on its side to drain all the gas out and it got in the overflow vent and dripped out on the sprocket ? i didnt crash or anything just rode it about 10 mins and found it like that. i hope it isnt a leak or anything. im gonna change the oil before the next time i ride. if i find a leak or something i will let yall know.

why dont ya use the drain screw on the carb? the gas will pour right out.

and ya...I've seen the blsck wd 40 drip from my bike and got freaked out too.,...lol

are you talking about that screw on the float bowl that you use to change the jets out with. right beside the fuel screw?

if you look at the side of the carb(from the clutch side of the bike) its the screw at the very bottom of the float bowl, but not underneath. the head of the screw will be pointing right at you.

oh ok i found it. that seems alot easier than tipping it over. ?