Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Blue Plastic... Will it still get those white marks?

I was wondering if I order blue plastic (from.. say...UFO), when I crash or the plastic bends, will it still have those white marks like the stock plastic gets? I hate that! If so, I am just going to order white plastic.

Please answer.

Any brand will still get the white marks--

This months issue of Dirtrider has a good tip on fixing that though. They said to just take a heat gun or a really hot hair dryer to the plastic and it will take out the white marks- cheaper than buying new plastics.

Yes, but some aftermarket blue plastic doesn't get them as badly as stock plastic. Just heat up the white spots with a heat gun and it goes back to blue, no need to buy new plastic for that.

Thanks guys! I have the dirtrider mag right infont of me ATM! I will check it out! But I NEED new plastic... my rad. shroud is cracked && my rear fender is shaved. Would the 02+ front and rear plastic just bolt right up or no?

Thanks guys! I have the dirtrider mag right infont of me ATM! I will check it out! But I NEED new plastic... my rad. shroud is cracked && my rear fender is shaved. Would the 02+ front and rear plastic just bolt right up or no?

I couldn't find it. What page is it on?

It is part of an article on 10 tips to spruce up your bike or something like that-- That is unless I am getting it mixed up with last month's issue. One of the two-- sorry I don't have it in front of me.

Yes you can take out the white marks by using heat...I used a propane torch for a number of years. The bottom line is that you're going to to be doing it a lot. The Yamaha blue looks real nice when new but looks like crap when scratched and beat up and dull. White plastic doesn't have to be shiny to look good, just be white and guess what--they are very easy to keep white. Personally i think it is the best color plastic to use on a bike that is going to be used and abused. And after all, that's what we do to dirt bikes.

i have UFO plastics and they still get white. there is a way to un-white them with a blow torch but i forget how.

Yes you can take out the white marks by using heat...I used a propane torch for a number of years. The bottom line is that you're going to to be doing it a lot. The Yamaha blue looks real nice when new but looks like crap when scratched and beat up and dull. White plastic doesn't have to be shiny to look good, just be white and guess what--they are very easy to keep white. Personally i think it is the best color plastic to use on a bike that is going to be used and abused. And after all, that's what we do to dirt bikes.

black is cool too i think

Budlite, thats what I was thinking! Just powerwash er' off and you don't have to ever see those ugly white marks again! Plus I think an all white bike looks awesome! But brand new Yamaha plastic looks better, but like you said, it doesn't stay that way for long.

dont crash or if you do all you have to do is take a small propain torch and just brush the flame on the white spot a few times and its gone.

Careful with those white fenders. If you crash they turn blue.

Oh crap!