How do you get allen bolts out of your bike?

I notice every time I go to get most allen wrench bolts out they either strip real bad or they require excess heating/pb blast/ or easy outs. How do you get these highly torqued bolts out? Im installing frame guards right now and its looking impossible. Any specific tools?

1st of all, use a good quality wrench that is not starting to round. On difficult bolts, I use one of the hand-held impact drivers that you hit with a hammer while applying force in the correct turning direction (counter-clockwise for standard bolts).

You need either a hand impact driver or an air driven impact wrench, can't for the life of me think what the right word for it is! ? AND you need good quality allen tools.

I have found a hand impact driver to get most anything out, you put on the correct size allen, turn the driver in the correct direction, and while turning it a little you smack it with a hammer or mallat.

You could use a Dremel tool and cut a flat slot in and try to use a flat screw driver.

thats a good idea. ive stripped my allen bolts too. im thinking of jsut replacing them with 10mm bolts or something ?. i was trying to take out my airbox and i got to one allen bolt for my subframe and it was stripped. time to get out the butane torche :D

Make sure there isn't any dirt in the head of it either. If you do strip it, one trick is to find a torx head wrench that fits tightly in the stripped out allen head and use that. This often works well. Make sure you grease any bolts before reassembling to prevent them from seizing up.

Sure sounds like you are overtightening them. Also, as others have mentioned, only use wrenchs in good condition. Finally, make sure the bolt is completely clean before inserting the allen wrench. I have never in my entire life, stripped a allen bolt.

No its factory torqued and bike is a few years old so they have settled in their. I am liking all these methods and might ditch my allan set.