Sign in to follow this  

Difference in 07/08 CRF250R's

Already had a post up in the CRF250R forums and didn't really get any responses so I figured I'd post up here as well.

Basically while my 06 YZ250F was in the shop I was riding my brothers 06 CRF250R and loved it. Suited me WAY better than the YZ. So I'm in the process of selling the YZ and looking for a CRF to switch to. Now my question to anyone out there is: is there really that big of a difference in the 07 and 08 CRF250R's? I've heard mixed reviews on the HPSD. Some say it improves handling and increases straight line stability, others say it's just a gimmick. Other big thing I've heard on the 08 is that the motor is improved from previous years and noticeably faster. Anyone with experience on both bikes input is appreciated.

Trying to decide whether or not to pick up an 07 for like $5k at my local dealership or hold out a bit for the 08 prices to drop. At this point I really don't think I'll need a 450 either. I'm only 5' 7' and 120 lbs, don't really need to kill myself.

Thanks!

Everybody I know that has an 08 thinks that they are the best bike they have ever ridden. I think it has a different cylinder head, which is made of different material that makes the valves perform well? I'm not entirely sure, I just know that it is a great head.

I say hold out for the 08.

And as for the 450, it's not really about your size, it's about your skill level. Bubba is about the same height as you and I(I am about 5'8") and he is only like 140, but he throws that 450 around like it's a BMX bike. Keep that in mind when you are ready to upgrade.

Heh, yea. I'd put myself as a solid novice rider. The difference in me and Bubba is that extra 20-25 lbs is pure muscle. Definitely going to ride someone's 450 this weekend to see how I like/handle it. Thanks for the input.

Heh, yea. I'd put myself as a solid novice rider. The difference in me and Bubba is that extra 20-25 lbs is pure muscle. Definitely going to ride someone's 450 this weekend to see how I like/handle it. Thanks for the input.

...however, also remember that bubba is not human, he is a supernatural being unlike us mere mortals, ok? 🙂