Sign in to follow this  

Ever cleaned your bike that much u dont wana get it dirty again

been cleaning / polishing the bike over the last week or so and its that clean i dont wana take it out again 🙂 im like that about all my stuff, OCD me thinks, please tell me im not alone!

• Like 1

Your not, I do it every time I ride it, I'm always getting "you ever ride that thing/"

• Like 1

I like to keep mine clean as I can. Bike has 40 hours on it and I get asked if it is new often.

Mike

I spend 2 hours cleaning my bike spotless after every ride....but I don’t think twice about getting her dirty, but the agene I have never spent a week cleaning it 🙂

yea when i get bored sometimes ill just start cleaning it up nice then i dont wanna get it dirty. i never get the "new" compliments because i crash alot lol

My bike is an 05 and people always think it's an 08. I take pride in looking as clean as possible every time I hit the track, but once the first grain of dirt hits the bike, I don't hesitate to get it dirty.

• Like 1

Awwww! I had a new 07', and considered putting clear plastic on the plactics, and doing crazy stuff to keep it new looking. Then I came to my senses and realized it was a DIRT machine, not a CLEAN machine. My buddy picked up a brand new KTM years back, rolled it off the trailer, and then just kicked it over on the driveway to get it over with! Else, he would be crazy too! Me? Branches, rocks, spills, and mud later, I just hose her down, do the maintenance, and view the scars, scuffs, and imperfections as a diary on how I have enjoyed it. Now, start it up, and do a few speed runs through a muddy ditch, hose it off, and let it be!

• Like 1

yea when i get bored sometimes ill just start cleaning it up nice then i dont wanna get it dirty. i never get the "new" compliments because i crash alot lol

haha me2. if i have nothing to do i just go in the garage and clean my bike.

been cleaning / polishing the bike over the last week or so and its that clean i dont wana take it out again 🙂 im like that about all my stuff, OCD me thinks, please tell me im not alone!

No, I don't have time. I usually hose the dirt off and put it away. If I did clean it like new, I still think I'd have no trouble riding it again. I love riding it much more than looking at it.:D

Only every week. I cry a little bit inside every sunday morning when I hit the track for the first time each race. But I know that my bikes will be all clean and polished again the next weekend. I normally spend between 4 and 5 hours just cleaning and polishing each week.

• Like 1

Let me guess, you all have aluminum frames. My bike will never look brand new with the painted frame getting all scratched up and rusted (hasn't gotten there yet, but I have yet to see a steel frame look new after one use).

Let me guess, you all have aluminum frames. My bike will never look brand new with the painted frame getting all scratched up and rusted (hasn't gotten there yet, but I have yet to see a steel frame look new after one use).

Not true, you can easily make a steel frame look new if you take your time. Here is my old 250F after three years of racing:

250f.jpg?t=1218147120

What's on the frame that's blue and gray?

That was a piece of grip tape for better control of the bike.

lol, glad im not alone, heading out this saturday, dont care how bad the weather is, as someone said 'its a dirt bike, they are ment to get dirty' just needed reminding, cant wait:ride:

that said if i ever get this bad shoot me, this guy has problems, in fact a lot of the guys on this forum have issues, theres clean and theres wacko!!

you really wont believe it 🙂 link below

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25400