Sign in to follow this  

DRZ.info Coast enricher removal?

I have searched 9 years worth of old threads all about the coast enricher......

excuse my ingnorance but it looks like the holy grail thread that all threads talk about. (the DRZ info thread and website) is no where to be found?

where is the How-to thread. does anybody have it subscribed?

in this thread

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654594

Eddie states "you just connect the nipple on the intake bell and the nipple on the carb once the CE is removed.

the nipple on the head is capped/plugged."

now I dont have my bike in front of me but it seems pretty simple.

Also in that thread noble gives a nice description on how to check if its functioning correctly

It could not be simplier.

Method 1 - Remove the CE and plug 3 nipples. This also requires replacing the 60 air jet in the air intake with a 100. Done this was way, it is as if it never existed.

Method 2 - The alternate way is to remove it, plug the nipple in the head and connect the nipple on the carb body to the nipple on the air bell. Done this way the CE continues to function with no valving. It just functions in the normal "always on" position which is fine too. No changing of air jets needed. In the "always on" method there are still 2 functioning air jets, a 60 in the air intake and a 90 in the carb side nipple. Together they function more or less as a 100.

If you intend to do any "jetting" of the pilot circuit, I would go with method 1.

i just rember seeing a diagram and pic of a before and after..... me like pictures. just dont want toscrew up my new to me FCR

Hi, you are probably looking for the CE removal info and pics located here: http://www.4strokes.com/tech/suzuki/drzadjet.asp

1st post...bought a 2003 DR-Z 400 E about a month ago and been lurking here ever since. No need to post really - every question I have had yet has been answered in the search so far 🙂