Sign in to follow this  

stator/headlight question?

i was told that if i use the stator from an 450 xc, i could install it in my 450 sx and with it run a headlight, because the XC stator has 2 extra leads that come out the end where my SX only has 1. is this correct?? also will my SX ignition cover still work with this stator, if not whats the difference between the 2. the headlight is a acerbis dhh twin. please help:confused:

450/505 SX-F and XC-F have identical stators and wiring. The ONLY differences between the SX-F and the XC-F are the fork spring rates and the transmissions.

The stock stator will power the lights, but for how long is the question...

There is only 42W of power with the stator and with no kickstarter, I wouldn't want to have a dead battery. With the coil pulling power from the battery and not directly from the stator this could be an serious issue.

what year SX are you talking about... The XC can power lights because it has a biger flywheel and the lighting stator. If you are using same fly wheel with the stator you won´t have enough juice on it.

What light kit can I get for a 2009 450 xc?

I put a trail tech 100w stator on my 09 250xc-f. It's problably the same thing and it is a bolt on installation using the same flywheel. I ran a 8" hid light and helmet light no problem.