Sign in to follow this  

Got my stolen DR back, now what?

About 2 years ago, and yesterday a cop called and said he found my bike, come and get it!

5 blocks from my house, in a dry garage.

It's mildly trashed, ignition switch busted, tank neck boogered, plastic gone, but I'm going to go through it and fix it up.

I need a wiring diagram for sure, anyone have a diagram they can point me to? 1999 DR 650.

Thanks.

check out ebay there is an intact wiring harness on there right now

if you can find somewhere to download the manual, it has a decent wiring diagram. last I knew there were still links to it, way back it was under "dr600 manual" title

Two years and 5 blocks away, couldn't you hear it calling you?

sorry, glad you got it back

Thanks, at least it was in a garage, out of the weather. Apparently they did all the damage pretty quickly, then (maybe) got run off and it's just sat in the gargage all this time.

Does everyone have all this insurance? I didn't have any, only the required liability that the state requires.

I won't need a harness, just a diagram to figure out what the loose wires are and where they go. I found a guy who sells a PDF of the shop manual for $7.95. Anyone know if it's any good?

Dave.

I downloaded one from a link to a university. Unfortunately I just checked it and it is no longer working.

I searched and found this:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-322124.html

It might help.

I have the PDF copy, but it is 36.1MB compressed and I have no idea how to get it out to people. Might be able to break it up into chapters using a PDF editor and email the chapters separately. Going to ask a Graphic Artist friend that makes and edits PDF's

I'll know by tomorrow. If I can do it I'll let you know.

Does everyone have all this insurance? I didn't have any, only the required liability that the state requires.

Dave.

Minumum liability was $70 for my DR adding theft raised it to $75/year. I was going with the min, but a relative does my insurance and she asked me if I wanted to add theft for $5

I went with full coverage even though I don't have to carry it. I figure if I were to total or have my bike stolen, I don't want to have to pay off the loan out of pocket and have nothing to show for it.

$5 a year for theft coverage ? In New York ? Man !

That can't be ! Makes me sick I pay about $100 a year , I think I pay like $ 250 per year for liability + theft and other thing such as damage by martens nibbling at your wiring.

My wife was pretty chapped that we didn't have theft.

I got another street bike, and I don't have theft on it either, but I do have a chain as thick as my thumb!

Thanks, Icelander, all I need is the electrical diagram. Don't go to too much trouble, I'll probably buy the full download.

My graphic artist buddy said it's easy. I'm going to break up the PDF into small chunks, chapters that I'll be able to email. It would be a few emails, but if I sent it to two that needed it, and THEY sent to two that needed it...All would have it, or the parts they need.

Gonna start tonight, when I get it done, if you wanna PM me an email account I'll send you the electrial.

EDIT!!!

Hey! Got it done. Was damn easy too. Might have to break up a couple larger chapters into parts A & B, they're still a bit big. Here's what I've got:

DR650-CH1-2: Cover photo, Index, Symbols, Chapter 1 General Information, Chapter 2 Periodic Maintenance. (10.9 MB)

DR650-CH3: Cover Photo, Engine (18.9 MB)

DR650-CH4: Cover Photo, Fuel and Lubrication System (4.5 MB)

DR650-CH5: Cover Photo, Chassis (16.2 MB)

DR650-CH6: Cover Photo, Electrical System (7.8 MB)

DR650-CH7-10: Cover Photo, Chapter 7 Servicing Information, Chapter 8 Emission Control Information, Chapter 9 DR650SEV/W/X/Y, Chapter 10 DR650SEK1 (14.1 MB)

As you can see there are a few larger pieces that I may have to break up, but that'll be simple, later. Too much to drink to do it now. MMMmmmm Crown Royal very good! :)

PM with your email and the file name you want (DR650-CH#) and I'll email the file to you. We'll find out if I have to break up the bigger ones.

Minumum liability was $70 for my DR adding theft raised it to $75/year. I was going with the min, but a relative does my insurance and she asked me if I wanted to add theft for $5

Wow! I'm paying $330/year for my DR200 with liability + theft + fire. That's in Newfoundland. Don't get me started on what I pay for my Ninja here. :)