Sign in to follow this  

Sticker Kits for WRX

Anyone see any good decal kits out yet? The stockers have to go.. I was thinking of kryloning the plastics matte black, and then a kit over it....

🙂

Hmm.. I don't read Japanese.... I'll have to keep looking. Thanks for the reply!

Yeah Creamcheese is the only one I have seen with them?

Yeah Creamcheese is the only one I have seen with them?

Yeah, me too. Although I dont care for the ones he has

right now, Ill be he will have some other options in the

future.

Just got word back from Ride Industries in Canada that they have completed the Rage Tank Shrouds for the R/X model. I will contact them tommorrow to see if I can cajole them into doing an entire kit.

Hmm.. I don't read Japanese.... I'll have to keep looking. Thanks for the reply!

Maybe go to google.com and click on the language tools. You can translate pages in japanese to english there.

Maybe go to google.com and click on the language tools. You can translate pages in japanese to english there.

Genius idea!🙂:D

Already did it though. :worthy:

Here is the radiator shroud for the WR. More to come.

Contact Info:

Alan Schuurman

Ride Industries ltd.

644 Millstream Lake Rd.

Victoria B.C. Canada

V9B 6E9

phone: 1-250-478-7432

toll free: 1-877-743-3583

fax: 1-250-478-7791

email: info@rideltd.com

web: www.rideindustries.com

wr250dualsportrageshroud-1.jpg

My graphics are on the way. I had the swingarm/fork protectors custom made. I am working on measurements for the headlight, fenders and numberplate graphics. These are 20mil thick beautiful graphics.

WR250RKit.jpg

where did u get then graphics at they look good

All the info is on page 1 of this thread. I will have pictures of the bike as soon as they come in. I am probably going to have to do some trimming as the swingarm and fork decals are from a standard WR template. I am Photoshoping the other body panels with measurements for other graphic work.

Here are the pictures of the new graphics. I am pleased beyond expectation. You can choose and sponser from stock. They arrived from Canada in 2 days.

Graphic2.jpg

Graphic3.jpg

Graphic4.jpg

Graphic5.jpg

Graphic6.jpg

Graphic7.jpg

Graphic8.jpg

Graphic9.jpg

I dont understand on that webpage you have listed, how

you got the design layout you got. I see 3 different sets

available for the wrr, but none like yours. I also dont see

how you add "sponsor" logos.

What am I missing? Also, how much were they. I dont

know the conversion from the site.

I dont understand on that webpage you have listed, how

you got the design layout you got. I see 3 different sets

available for the wrr, but none like yours. I also dont see

how you add "sponsor" logos.

What am I missing? Also, how much were they. I dont

know the conversion from the site.

First:

I sent Alan an email requesting info on the WR250R and he sent me the shroud pic (Rage series). The fork and swingarm decals were standard WR Rage stuff. My order is a CUSTOM graphic addition. He filled in the linkage hole when he created the graphics. I had to cut the chainguard hole and trim the left swingarm decal slightly. I did this because I wanted them sooner than later, but the fit was fine for me.

Second:

As far as the forkguards and swingarm go, I picked style A3 from the Accessory page, which matched the shroud decal. The accessorry page can be linked from the homepage. I noticed several sponsor logo's I wanted from browsing all of the graphic designs, but he has 100's in stock. I figured all of this out by browsing through the site. This is not an over the counter, cookie cutter kit, but he is working on that for a package deal.

Third:

I listed the sponsors on paper the way I wanted them layed out and spoke at length with Alan on the phone to confirm layout style and sizes. He knows what can and cannot fit the templates. Great , helpful guy, BTW.

He sent me the proofs that I posted here before he printed them. Also, I went with 20mm thick vinyl.

Alan is going to trace the rest of the panels at his local dealership for us, and produce fender, headlight, fork, swingarm, and numberplate decals in the Rage style. Personally, I am going for the AMA Pro Supermoto look with the numberplates.

As far as currency goes, the internet is full of converters for any currency out there. Here is one such calculator.

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

I have purchased countless numbers of graphic kits for my racebikes over a 20 year period, and I can say that this is handsdown the trickest I have ever used. I have a history with Elmer at FMF and Coombs with Racer X, so that was a given. I live on Red Bull, and used Yamalube my entire 2-stroke career, even on Honda's.

If you want to know the best way to apply graphics with absolutly no alignment or bubble issue, I can post my personal application instructions. Getting the slick factory finish off of the plastic has to be done. I use Bug and Tar remover for that. I use a spray solution of mild soap and water from a fine mist bottle to the panels, my hands, and the graphics during installation. Squeegie with a card size rubber applicator (tint section of auto parts store) and presto: perfect graphics.

Also, where did you get that chain guard? BTY, looks awesome!(almost too pretty to ride)

Got that from Forrest at Wheeling along with all the other goodies. Notice the carbon fin and caliper guard on the other side.

Does Alan have a time frame on when the kits will be available online? Any designs other than the Rage? I suppose the big thing is the templates for the right sizes, then it would just be a matter of what graphics you would want to use right? Looks great, glad to see someone is filling this void.