Sign in to follow this  

Found a 2006 YZ 250! Is this a fair price?

Hey guys, so after a couple months of searching, and going back and forth between 2002 (green sticker) and 2006 (aluminum frame, better suspension, etc.) models, I've narrowed it down and I think I want an '06.

I'm just curious what an '06 that's in excellent condtion usually sells for.

I found one near me...the guy wants $3500. The bike looks flawless (still has the warning/saftey stickers and all) and has a Pro circut exhaust system and race tech suspension ($950 worth of suspension work done, he claims).

What do you think about his asking price...is it fair?

I haven't seen an '06 in eqaul condition - it looks great - so I have to ask you guys.

Thanks!!

Go for it dude, that sounds like pretty good to me. If everything is as good as he describes it, then yeah.

Pics?

Cool. So that's about average for that year then huh?

I think I will at least give the guy a call and see if he'll negotiate. But the bike does look like it's only been ridden once...really clean.

Anybody else got any opinions?

Just found another '06 but for $2500...the seller is moving out of the country so that works in my favor. I'll be seeing the bike this weekend. I'll let y'all know how it goes...if you care.

Just found another '06 but for $2500...the seller is moving out of the country so that works in my favor. I'll be seeing the bike this weekend. I'll let y'all know how it goes...if you care.

Even better:thumbsup:

I care. I wanna see pics and here about your new $2500 bike.🙂

Cool. I'll be sure to report then.

If I buy the bike, I'll most definitely be snappin some pics.

Stay tuned.

The 06 for 2500 sounds like a still! I would have to have that out of my 05 and then I dont think i could replace it! if the 2500 bike looks good you better buy it you kick yourself if you don't!

The 06 for 2500 sounds like a still! I would have to have that out of my 05 and then I dont think i could replace it! if the 2500 bike looks good you better buy it you kick yourself if you don't!

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of shopping...been doing it since May. It's gettin old. It's time to buy and I'm ready.

It has Factory Connection suspension work done too (for a 190lb rider..that's me, -10 lbs)...so, that may be a plus too.

It also has alot of nice add ons I would have added anyway...Pro circut pipe/silencer, pro tapers, nice tires, new top end kit...lots of extras. I can't wait to see it in person!!

The 06 for 2500 sounds like a still!.....if the 2500 bike looks good you better buy it you kick yourself if you don't!

I heard you loud and clear. I met the guy today...took a look at the bike, rode it and bought it. You can see my description on my other thread entitled "just bought a YZ 250 this afternoon". I'm stoked. Thanks for all your guys' input...it really helped me out. I'll be sure to upload my own photos once I find my darn camera. 🙂