Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket parts for older bikes

So we have all these threads and questions regarding IMS tanks, Rekluse clutches, Barrett exhausts...etc. which is great that there is so many widely available aftermarket parts, but these parts really only fit newer bikes like 2005+. What about us guys who still have the 90's Huskies, you forgot about us? 🙂

Yeah the real question is WHO, and WHERE, still makes parts for these older bikes be it exhaust systems or plastics, graphics, anything aftermarket, doesn't have to be exact year, maybe even newer as long as it fits?

Would be nice to have some sort of information thread as I see there are still quite a few people riding on older Huskies among the welfare of new riders.

If anyone knows of any companies that still have parts available for those years of bikes it would be nice for them to post here.

Thanks

there are probably three or four people on here that you want to ask about that, one is myself and two is huskyfatman. what specifically are you looking for? the parts are out there but you wont get them in a snap and without some cross referencing and picture referencing.

Parts for the old single camers are harder to find. I would suggest finding a euro based supermoto forum for info over there. These bikes were very popular for motard racing in their time. Exhaust pipes are scarce over here now, but I think there may be some European companies that still manufacture them. Ryobj who is a member here got a trick exhaust for his 2000 lately, but it escapes me who made it. I've bought plastic and graphics on ebay UK. Uptite makes a great exhaust, and it should be pretty cheap due to the low dollar. Cemoto makes good plastic and Taliesin Racing is a good source in the UK. The only large tank is OEM (see my garage '95), and it was discontinued years ago. Good luck, these are great bikes, that were, and are still under rated in my opinion.

http://www.taliesinracing.co.uk/page_1216639831562.html

http://mysite.verizon.net/motoplastics/index.html

If anyone knows of any companies that still have parts available for those years of bikes it would be nice for them to post here.

Thanks

Might want to take a peek at the stickies in the Husqvarna 2st section. HuskyT and others put a bunch of work into those.

Thanks huskyfatman , I'm primarily on the hunt for plastics and graphics, but I'd be willing to know about various other aftermarket stuff that might still be available somewhere.

I've contacted Taliesin and have been looking over various websites and graphic kit makers but even B100.it (the graphics I have now) have long since discontinued making them for the older bikes. It involves a whole lot of wire pulling to find someone who has things in stock and would actually ship. If only I could find a way to contact Tecnosel.

I don't know whether George (Uptite Husqvarna) deals much in used parts but he has a LOT of old Huskys and stuff in his shop. Not the graphics so much but the bikes, frames, motors, exhausts, rims, etc. He probably would know whether he had something and what it was worth to him. Worth a call maybe

714 540-2920