Sign in to follow this  

Need Help With A 86 Cr 250?

Hi guys my 1986 cr is need of a top end rebuild but i have been offered this fantastic deal on another top end thats brand new with the standard bore and piston kit with other extras aswell.

The only thing is the top head is from an 1985 cr 250, will this head interchange with my 86 bottom end or will there need to be some modifications such as electrics and stuff or will it bolt right on.

thx in advance

Hi guys my 1986 cr is need of a top end rebuild but i have been offered this fantastic deal on another top end thats brand new with the standard bore and piston kit with other extras aswell.

The only thing is the top head is from an 1985 cr 250, will this head interchange with my 86 bottom end or will there need to be some modifications such as electrics and stuff or will it bolt right on.

thx in advance

i show different part numbers, but that doesnt mean it wont fit, is the head you can get local? if it is a simple comparisen and maybe some simple eye to eye measurements will work, i cant cross reference that old but i do know honda did change some things in 86, as i have a 86 xr that is way different to 85,

but the new head will not effect electronics or anything like that its either the same head or it isnt. and if it is should bolt right on,