Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle??

Hi, I know this is another what kind of street bike should I get thread, but I'm really looking into getting one. I've had experience on a 600 and this is my first choice of bike preferably a CBR. I wanted to know a little information though. I live in Ohio and I was curious how much does it cost to get my temps/license and the courses I have to take. I'd be making payments on it so I couldn't get liability, I'd have to get full coverage, but would it save me money if I put everything under my dads name? How much does license plate cost? I'm planning on selling my 04 CRF250R for some extra cash. If anyone has any answers to this who live in Ohio that'd be great.

Thanks in advance for any information given. It's greatly appreciated.

Scott!!

Replica Race bikes suck on the city streets... too high strung, especially a 600. I would recommend a ninja 650r, sv650, or supermoto for city duty. I know its not what you want to hear, but trust me unless your doing ALOT of track or canyon riding, RR bikes are not cool. But hey its your life so do as you will and will as you do.

LOL ^^

If you really want to get a CBR then get one. If you want a beginner bike get a Ninja 250 any year, sv650. A 600 will go 150ish MPH extremely fast, BUT you don't have to ride like that. If you do you'll prob die shortly. Sad but true. There are no issues with riding a 600cc sport bike in the city. Go take a safety course. I would recommend surfing around http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/ You don't have to be local to post. Lost of exp riders and racers.

There are no issues with riding a 600cc sport bike in the city.

Other than the fact that they are engineered and built for one purpose... THE TRACK. And thats where they belong. Take my word for it, I've had my fair share of RR bikes.... You think its cool now, but things will change once you realize how crappy they are to put thousands of miles on.

Lol I don't want it to be cool on. Completely opposite of what I want it for. I know they do farely well on gas and want one to commute on to school and work. Come winter I have my car to drive and when it rains. I know I'll go fast, but I've ridden them before and don't have that mentality to go 100mph wherever I go. I normally go at cruising speeds between fifty and sixty depending on the speed limit.

If a CBR600 is what you want, get one, in the long run you won't be happy with anything else. Just wear your gear and ride like you got some sense, don't be a squid and go around doing wheelies in traffic wearing board shorts and flip flops. As for them being hard to ride in town, if it becomes a problem, drop a tooth off the countershaft and/or add a couple to the back and it'll be a lot more livable, but will hurt the gas milage considerably

Your biggest pain, no matter whos name you put it in, is going to be insurance. Full coverage on a sport bike, even a 600, riden by an 18 yr old is going to very high. How high? Think Mt Everest.

Other than that, call your DMV for license prices and requirements, every state is different.

Have fun, ride safe.🙂

ride safe.🙂

Good advice... but also know that you are invisible! So ride safe, your invisible!:D

It would probably be cheaper, and safer, to get a SUMO. Aprillia, Suzuki, Yamaha and probably a couple of others make some. I've read that they are more fun(lighter and more maneuverable etc.), safer(you don't have to go 120mph to have fun), and corner faster than sport-bikes(can lean over farther and are lighter). Insurance will be a hell of a lot cheaper as well as the price tag itself. They will probably be better on gas millage as well. Be sure to wear your gear!

Goodluck:thumbsup: