Sign in to follow this  

Vegas to Reno - Almost HERE!!

i have a couple buddies racing. one in class 1 and one in class 16. im hoping that i might get to tag along in a chase truck. i love dez races!

I'll be there riding in the sportsman expert class. Three rider team. Never done anything like this before, can't wait! 🙂

We're riding the +30 Am class, team #558. 3 rider team looking to first finish, before we try and finish first!! 👍 See you all out there!! Good luck and be safe!

No Luck! Mile 290 with a blown motor!

For those of you who asked, here is the reason we blew the bike up 257 miles after the photo was taken!! Too much damage done on this one!! :busted:

ShawnOvertheBars.jpg

By the way, that wasn't me, but the bike's owner who went over the bars at about mile 33 just before Pit 1. Unbelievably, he was fine and only suffered some sore muscles and a small tear in his jersey! 👍

We can't wait for next year!!

:worthy:

Sorry to hear you did not finish.

We finished in the over 30 Expert.

The picture is cool! Must have been an anticipated potential crash site for them to have the camera there. Glad he was OK, many were not as lucky!

The race length was around 460 miles. The sections I rode had very little of the open stuff you see in many of the videos. One section I rode had 15 miles of rocky braking bumps then the low brige crossing and then 9 miles of sand whoops. In other sections there were mountains to climb and decend. The silt got each of us riders off the bike at least once. It was a fun race experience!!

KJLong - Congrats on the finish! This was our first attempt at a long multi-pit team race. We normally do local desert races with a fixed pit that are no longer than 110 - 120 miles, while most of them are more like 80 miles. We had a blast and can't wait for next year. 1,000 miles over three days next year should be VERY interesting. :worthy: I am seriously considering doing it Ironman next year. We'll see!

👍

We were done at pit 4...I was riding when a rock kicked up and broke off the chain guard, bent the sprocket, and threw the chain off. Fixed it with some good ole' rock pounding through the wheel, lasted for about 10 miles before the chain flew off and got stuck in the swingarm and front sprocket, and I had to throw in the stuck stub. Turns out the motor was blown anyway so that makes me feel a little better!! Cant wait for next year!

We were done at pit 4...I was riding when a rock kicked up and broke off the chain guard, bent the sprocket, and threw the chain off. Fixed it with some good ole' rock pounding through the wheel, lasted for about 10 miles before the chain flew off and got stuck in the swingarm and front sprocket, and I had to throw in the stuck stub. Turns out the motor was blown anyway so that makes me feel a little better!! Cant wait for next year!

Similar thing happened to me at the Delmar Desert Race this year, except I broke a chunk out of the sprocket, and a link on one side of the chain (chain was bent 90* the wrong way. After a scorpion ruined my nap in the shade, I decided to pound it back into shape and ride back down that hill to the alt gas stop and have them truck me back. Only DNF so far. Replaced it with a steel sprocket and oring chain...

DSC02982.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02979.jpg