Sign in to follow this  

Airway Heights

I am wondering when the best day to go to this track is for practice? I have next week off from work and I am a newbie so I am looking for the time and day with the lightest traffic. This will be my second time out there and the first time was a bit intimidating. It was my first time on a new bike after 20 years. The track was packed (saturday) and muddy and rutted as hell. Needless to say not much fun. I have since been hitting the ORV park and getting comfortable with the bike. I want to give the track another shot but I would like it to be empty or nearly empty. Any help will be appreciated.

Usually the lightest traffic is during a weekday but they are only open Th - Sun with Organized Practice on some Fridays.

Info on what's going on is here:

http://www.extmotorsports.com/events_schedule.asp

We haven't been out there at all this summer with the kid's ACL surgery but from past years anytime I dropped him & his buddies off during the week, things were pretty quiet out there. Otherwise, if you can't do a weekday (Th or Fri) I'd say any weekend where there's races elsewhere or the weekends where they have open practice all 4 days they are open would be the lightest.

that place is always pretty quiet. since they are open so much there isnt a mad rush for when it does open. i used to ride there all the time. probably the best dirt around. believe me.

If you dont mind a drive come over to Horn Rapis in Tri Cities. They have segmented practice (big bikes, little bikes, quads) and if it is real busy they even break out the big bikes by skill level. They are open Thurs-Sun and Thu Fri are great days to ride without a lot of bikes. Ray use to own the spokane track a few years back even.

Check it out

http://www.hornrapidsmx.com/

If you dont mind a drive come over to Horn Rapis in Tri Cities. They have segmented practice (big bikes, little bikes, quads) and if it is real busy they even break out the big bikes by skill level. They are open Thurs-Sun and Thu Fri are great days to ride without a lot of bikes. Ray use to own the spokane track a few years back even.

Check it out

http://www.hornrapidsmx.com/

if you dont mind ungroomed sandy rutted out track... it may have changed but last i heard it was terrible... everyone says airway is the best track in wa...

I ride there a lot and its fun and kept in good condition and always watered. I'm going tomorrow, actually today now that it's Sunday already, man I need to go to sleep 🙂

i need sleep but to bad the freaking bars close and stop serving alcohol its my freaking birthday for crying out loud... if i was in spokane id go ride. the girl at the gate is awesome.

Airway is a great track just gets watered down a little much for me it was like mud out there today