Sign in to follow this  

edelbrock quicksilver 2

I was doing some wheelin and dealin today and picked up a few edelbrock quicksilver 2 carbs. All are marked 38 and look a lot like the carbs I'm seeing people put on there 650's.

where can I find out more about this conversion... if what I have will work... etc.

edelbrock004.jpg

edelbrock003.jpg

edelbrock002.jpg

edelbrock001.jpg

I don't see any part numbers. It's been a long day so I just figured I'd snap some quick (crappy) shots and post them before I go to sleep.

I think thats too small, the quicksilver for the XR650R is a 40mm bore, the mikuni is a 41, and edelbrock will bore your quicksilver from a 40 to a 41 if you have a big bore kit, being the ideal diameter for upped displacement. imho, this carb should work great on a 600, that bike is desperately in need of a pumper carb, especially if you like popping the front end off idle.

I think thats too small, the quicksilver for the XR650R is a 40mm bore, the mikuni is a 41, and edelbrock will bore your quicksilver from a 40 to a 41 if you have a big bore kit, being the ideal diameter for upped displacement. imho, this carb should work great on a 600, that bike is desperately in need of a pumper carb, especially if you like popping the front end off idle.

I read somewhere in here, that Edelbrock no longer does bore jobs.

I read somewhere in here, that Edelbrock no longer does bore jobs.

That was my understanding too - if ya want it bored, you're on your own 🙂

well I've got three of them. I'd let em go for $50 a piece. I'd do all three for $130.

It's strange how little information I've been able to find out about the edelbrock motorcycle carbs.

Heres a link with the latest "pumper" carbs. http://www.edelbrock.com/offroad/mc/carburetors/honda_moto.shtml

Note the bores in the the descriptions.

If you do a search, I posted a setup link for both pumper and non-pumper carbs a while back.

and as mentioned those are not pumpers..

I never said that you were wrong about it being a pumper or not. sorry, i didn't know they didn't make a non accelerator pump carb. anyways, its an oval 42X36 and I think it turns out to be equal to a 40mm.

if edelbrock wont bore it and xr's only will, thats fine. but xr's only is a weird shop across the street from a airstrip that actually tells you to go home when you get there and check there website. maybe that guy wasn't having a good day, but I drove all they way out to the boon docks and it was pointless.