Sign in to follow this  

Well, lets beat a dead horse again *GETTIN TAGGED*

Yep, I read every friggin post about someone gettin or not gettin a tag for their XR400. It seems to be a hit and miss situation. :D Well, I am at a brick wall! 🙂 I have tried everything to get mine tagged and since my title has the black bold lettering that states it is not for public street use I am at a standstill here in TN. Is there anyone, in TN or surrounding STATES that has been successful getting one of these things titled for street use? Could you chime in on the steps and where I might go to get this done. I have considered going the route of Vermont because they do not require you to live in that state in order to register the bike there. THe only thing that seems unclear is if I am going to be able to do this all through the mail without having to actually drive 1200 miles which I wont do! ANy help? Alabama,N.C., S.C., or Georgia? What about some of these posts I read about bonded titles. Whats the deal with that? How do I go about doing that if that is a possibility, because I really dont even know what one is or who can do it.

THanks

I don't think you need a bonded title. I had to do it because the guy I bought my bike from didn't have the title to give me.

I had the title changed over at my local county tax office. I would go in there, tell them that you need to have "offroad use only" deleted off the title and see what they tell you to do.

That's essentially what I did and I had my tags in less than 3 days, including the time I had to wait to get my bonded title. Just make sure you have liability insurance on the bike when you go to get the tags/registration.

I went into the tag office. I told them that this bike is converted for road use. They instructed me that the state of TN does not allow any motorcycle of any kind on public roads so long as the title or MSO states that the bike is for off-road use only. In TN, they are against you more than they want to be helpful to you. Whats funny is, she was gonna give me a form to get a tag for it so long as it did not go over 35 miles per hour. I looked at her and laughed and said that even a 50cc moped does faster than 35 miles per hour. So, I am really at a loss here.